World Cup 2018 - Qualification

He was suspended for the home game v wales , you were probably thinking of that match.

It took me a while to find the video but everything I’ve discussed is in that video .

Have a feeling O Neil will set up very defensively for the first half and try frustrate the Danes. They will be all out to get a goal tonight and shut up shop. Second half then spring Wes and Long and go all out for it. I remember Johnny Giles saying one time that he thinks the notion of “scoring too early” is ridiculous and there’s never a bad time to score a goal. While I agree in some part but I think tonight is the exception. If ireland were to score early I’d fear they’d sit back and try defend it, one mistake and a goal for them puts us out.

Well if they didn’t it’d be the first time ever …

Exactly. Be easier on the nerves if we didn’t have to sit through 80 mins or so of praying to St Jude

We have an Exec mtg tonight and the Chair flatly refuses to change time of 7.45pm start.

Huge lesson learned … never elect a Welsh chairman …

O’Neill might surprise us. They showed a fair amount of intent straight from the off against Bosnia when a 0-0 would have done the job.

He might do. I just think the warning signs were there in the first leg. We could have no complaints if we lost that 3-0 given the chances they had. Suppose tonight’s a different animal with home support onside. Looking forward to a good atmosphere tonight

A guy in work was just saying that Sweden had two stonewall penalties last night and that the Italians were lucky to finish the game with as many players as they did even though it made no difference because they drew 0-0. I didn’t see the game but that would worry me for tonight. Especially when you look at Norn Iron and the penalty they conceded which was never a penalty but sometimes karma pokes his head into these things. I suppose anything could happen and it usually does in these cases but not usually the way you don’t expect them not to. But the two penalties last night that were but weren’t don’t fill me full of the joys of winter for tonight.

20/1 Ireland to win on penalties lads - get all over this like a rash! :slight_smile:

Say again?

A guy in work was just saying that Sweden had two stonewall penalties last night and that the Italians were lucky to finish the game with as many players as they did even though it made no difference because they drew 0-0. I didn’t see the game but that would worry me for tonight. Especially when you look at Norn Iron and the penalty they conceded which was never a penalty but sometimes karma pokes his head into these things. I suppose anything could happen and it usually does in these cases but not usually the way you don’t expect them not to. But the two penalties last night that were but weren’t don’t fill me full of the joys of winter for tonight.

There’s an episode of Corrie from many, many years ago…
Someone says to Fred Elliott "Why do you always repeat yourself?"
Fred replies “Repeat myself? Do I repeat myself?”.

Fair enough, as I said, I can’t view it. In my original response to the post about 4 penalties or whatever it was I had just watched three different sets of highlights, none of which showed any handball incidents that were close to being penos imo. When I eventually found(after continuing to look for) a clip with an incident that might have been a penos for handball I posted that and said it, and stand by what I said. I also gave the opinion that the incident with the Swedish player tackling the Italian in the Swedish box could have been a peno.

The reason I pushed you for a clip of the evidence of “stonewall penos” was because I have seen none in any of the(by that stage 5 or 6) different highlights videos. You had rubbished what I said with no evidence. I accept if you say the video I can’t view shows an elbow then it does but I’ll wait til I can see it before I agree.

As you said yerself opinions like arseholes so no need for the personal stuff.

“Sorry” but actually being opportunistic to bandwagon stick the boot in, ha claaassy! :grin:

Sorry pal, I prefer to fight my own battles. And yes, there was(and is from you) personal stuff nearly every time someone disagrees with some people. No amount of being right about some fact or opinion makes allowance for that.

Now go aisy on that Belgian beer will ya, it’s making you fierce contrary. Like the Belgians. Well the French ones anyway.

No bother , I’m finished in regards to these subjects . I stand by what I said too from what the video I provided . Its all there when you get a chance to look at it .

I did look at the movement, and said his arms were out before the ball was kicked. And I said that could be given.

Anyway , predictions …

None of which will be remotely correct but I’ll put them out there & we can all laugh & nit pick later

Denmark to win 2.0

Ireland to win 2.1

Ireland to win 3.1

Us to lose out on penos

On the subject of repeating myself I am coming a distant 4th on this thread … :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: