Weather thread

Making landfall on western coasts, with strong winds in the wee hours of tomorrow morning, damaging gusts and constant big wind speed from about 9 am on western coasts, Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Donegal taking the brunt of it. Passing through the country on a W/NW trajectory slowly over the following 36 hours calming down again Saturday night/Sunday morning as we go into a slack cool northerly flow. Potential for heavy rain throughout the event too and there’s a cold sector as the main core passes, which could bring a wintery mix in the showers.

Reffed a game last night and it was a miserable evening - driving wind and rain - i’d say a lot ot pitches will be closed today after inspections meaning a lot of games off this weekend

Quare blowing a gale out there now. Be some craic on the drive down this afternoon. Ah well, it’ll be nice to get there in daylight and have a birra of a lie in tomorrow morning, while you lazy slappers are only hitting the road.

its actually ok in the midlands

Windy here but nothing like the last storm, we seem to be better sheltered from westerly then northerly.

Violent winds here right now, actually woke me up with slamming bins and gates!!! Met E may have got the strengths underestimated a bit.

Yeah id say good few pitches will be off.

The much vaunted (by me) bitterly cold outbreak seems further away now than ever. Next week sees long fetch warm southerlies across the country.

The SSW I spoke about seems to have had an effect on every part of the northern hemisphere apart from Ireland and most of Britain. All of Europe and America and the Russian areas have had deep cold spells. Our part of the world has missed out.

The weather models have all showed us under severe arctic weather at some stage, but alas, has not produced in real time…

Not over yet, still time, but confidence is now low in the 10% category. Mental weather considering the drivers that have all been positive for arctic weather in our locality. A school of thought that there were too many drivers and it actually made a negative impact. Fair few of the big wigs of Meteorological science land are baffled by the winter we’ve had… I guess Mother Nature is alive and well and taking the p1ss out of us, who try to predict long term weather patterns!

Lot of hot air blowing from the south west , started around 8.45pm. Could last for a while.

I know you are the old man of the house but…