Walsh Cup 2018

Scorers - Dublin: P Winters 0-9 (6f, 1 65), F O Riain Broin 2-1, F Whitely 0-4, R McMahon 1-0, C McBride 1-0, A Moore 0-3, C Costello 0-1. Meath: J Regan 0-6 (5 fs), J Kelly 0-3, A Forde, J Toher (f), P Conneely, N Heffernan, E Marsh 0-1 each.

Dublin – A Nolan; P Smyth, B O’Carroll, C Hendricken; S Barrett, D Kelly, C Crummey; J McCaffrey, T Connolly, R McMahon, F Whitely, C Costello; A Moore, P Winters, F O Riain Broin. Subs: C McBride for McMahon (h-t), S O Riain for McCaffrey (44), D Gray for Whitely (50).

Early season and all but the form forwards seem to be forb, Whitley & Moore

Decent win for the new regime. Can only beat whats in front of you. Onwards and upwards hopefully but will defo need an bigger threat inside this year if hoping to have a long summer

And the backs? How did that full back line of Clontarf, Kilmacud and Mearnog do?

Challenge match on Saturday v tipp then Antrim on Sunday.

A better forward line we would have been crucified imo… Far too much space.

They all done well for what was asked of them, full back done well… Attacked the ball, Nolan constantly talking to them which is always a good thing.

Yea! It’s two separate teams! Would imagine the stronger team will face Antrim! Hopefully we might see Danny in one of these games!

It’s good to see bill o Carroll involved and also Smyth back after last year. Hendricken was always going to make it at some stage but good to see him getting a run.

A friend of mine brought Bill to my attention a few years ago when he first broke into Crokes minor team! Reckoned Bill would be best of the O Carroll brothers and great prospect for Dublin seniors!

I thought Hendricken was good last night but as stated already we will have to see these lads against better forwards to know how good they are.
One small criticism from last night, I thought management would have tried out a few more lads in the second half as the game was over as a contest at half time and there were 7 or 8 lads togged. I think there were only 3 or 4 subsistitutions and were allowed unlimited subs last night.

PS anyone know who number 10 was last night - he came on early in the second half?

will they play a stronger team against Tipp and keep that team for Antrim ?

Subs: C McBride for McMahon (h-t), S O Riain for McCaffrey (44), D Gray for Whitely (50).

How much stronger can the team be ( without the Cuala contingent and some injuries) ?

No, wasn’t McBride, Gray or Sean O Rian.
He was wearing a black helmet and played around the middle of the field.

oh, Burke? think someone said 10 was burke.

Quite a few regulars over the last year or two missing, O’Donnell, Rushe, also returnees like Danny, Paul Ryan, Shane Durkin etc?

Dillon and McMorrow also surly part of our top 26!

I knew i was forgetting loads of people. hungover as hell.

Donal didn’t play at all

Both Rushe and ODonnell injured or coming back from injury, I think Paul Ryan might be away for a bit so I cant see the team v Tipp being much stronger.
I also forgot Dillon and McMorrow and of course Donal Burke if those lads are available