Walsh Cup 2017

How do they decide who gets one , lads who have passed their test :joy::joy:

I think it’s a legacy issue …

At times Dub09 u do let your standards dip :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

10/10 as always for effort!! :grinning:

I can see issues there further down the line as guys get upset they are being left out.

It is edging towards professionalism and with that comes pressure on the players to perform.

Thought the Gibson piece was a joke till I read the article. :sob::sob::sob:

There’s nobody left out.

We’ve had deals with various car companies for years. I’d say the DCB are wise to the perils of it. 'Sides, most of the regulars have their own deals on the side, with varous car companies and garages. (They tweet about them.) So they’re already sorted.

What are the perils of a free car PD?? I’m willing to take them on!!

Unless it’s a Fiat …

The perils of Uno getting a free car and another lad not getting one.

Aha …

Mayo should get a 7 seater for Leeroy seeing as he’s been carrying half the team for the last few years …

And in the meantime Clare minors are selling scratch cards to fund raise.

We’re going to be asked to share the wealth very soon. And rightly so.

It’s not really wealth though - it’s sponsorship. We are being asked to pay more for GPOs etc and I have no real problem with that. The vast amount of our funding goes straight back into grassroots. I don’t want to see us ‘share the wealth’ so that other counties can build stupid vanity projects or ‘hire’ managers who have enormous expenses. Will Kerry, Donegal, Mayo etc share their wealth? Our vanquished opponents of yesterday often shout loudest about our wealth despite the fact that they probably spent more money than any other county for many years … and still they haven’t a pot to pi55 in … on or off the pitch. Let them sell scratch cards I say!

[quote=“Dub09, post:372, topic:1405, full:true”]
I don’t want to see us ‘share the wealth’ so that other counties can build stupid vanity projects or ‘hire’ managers who have enormous expenses. [/quote]

You wouldn’t catch Dublin doing that :wink:

It’s no wonder they didn’t want to get the bus down to Wexford.

One for everyone in the audience (except when it comes to cars).

How does Carlow compete?

They don’t but they never have either.

But my point is the NFL in the US is the best competition in the world in my view because of the draft. Keeps the interest high.

It does? Really?

I look forward to my eight year old driving himself to training in his new Subaru [quote=“Dub09, post:372, topic:1405, full:true”]
It’s not really wealth though - it’s sponsorship. We are being asked to pay more for GPOs etc and I have no real problem with that. The vast amount of our funding goes straight back into grassroots. I don’t want to see us ‘share the wealth’ so that other counties can build stupid vanity projects or ‘hire’ managers who have enormous expenses. Will Kerry, Donegal, Mayo etc share their wealth? Our vanquished opponents of yesterday often shout loudest about our wealth despite the fact that they probably spent more money than any other county for many years … and still they haven’t a pot to pi55 in … on or off the pitch. Let them sell scratch cards I say!
[/quote]

It’s sponsorship - not funding. And he will need a large cushion