Usernames

Bernard Brogan won and scored the Kevin McStay " Ah Nooooooooo" point the day I decided I wanted to post on here.

I couldn’t think of anything…

Why didn’t you call yerself hola amigo?

Joined up back in the day when every second article talked about a v b games in Dublin training and how we could field 2 teams etc… Always felt it was lazy journalism so its more of an ironic name choice than anything.

I always thought it was a reference to the ex Spurs manager…

Being too young to remember 95 in any great detail I thought I’d pay homage to the end of the 16 year drought. Was a huge moment for a gang of friends and our aul lads that started going to the games all together cruelly around 96/97. Manys a year walking back up that canal after a pasting in the quarters/semis wondering would we ever see it. I’d be more of a hurling man but 2011 was very special. Seldom post in the county football section as I genuinely can’t keep up with the thread and the rate the posts come in

Moved back from out fordin in 2011. Was delighted to be back & able to do so many things on a daily basis, that you can’t really do, when you are only here for a 2 week hollier, like going to Dubs games. Lurked here for most of the summer & signed up in August, just before the Donegal semi. User name reflects how well we were going that summer & just how proud/happy I was to be back in the Dubs match going fold again & that strong sense of identity that comes with being home. Didn’t get to see many games while I was away, as I always worked weekends & local Irish pub only showed AI finals & semifinals. So calling 2011 to now, an embarrassment of riches personally, is putting it very mildly. Long may it continue !

Dammit:man_facepalming:

I was drinking when I signed in first. As if the Internet needs another cat.

It’s what this County is . . .

Can’t remember how mine came about.

It’s the place and year you last bought somebody a drink. Only saying what I heard now …

No no - it wasn’t as recent as 09 that I bought a drink.

Your dead right ! Imagine bringing your wife to her first game in 2010 having previously had no interest in gaa before . And she got to enjoy the last 7 years without all the baggage before hand .
Life is unfair at times :laughing:

It’s what German girls used to say when you asked them out… “Oh, Nein!”

I meant it to be 90 Bud but I’m a little backward …

That’s like the old joke about the German prostitute shouting after a Dub as he does a runner…
“What about my Marks?!?”
Ten outta ten love, A1