U21 Club Football 2018

I doubt any 21 team has been training together the last 6 weeks

I know they haven’t, irony doesn’t present itself easily in the written word

Davis Na Fianna game switched to 12.45 on Saturday

Surprised they were allowed change the time given CCC’s stance on games having to be played as scheduled.

Bit of a joke starting it when adult teams still have league matches to play.

Could it not be played around June when there’s no minors cos of Leaving Cert and no Championship cos of inter-county?

Failing that, why not play it off as a weekend blitz similar to the ladies inter-county U21?

Agree should play it in the summer but if not at least allow teams to play the games midweek if they can ridiculous that games can’t be switched within the 7 day rule

League schedule is busy enough over summer as is, they need to take a look at the scheduling as a whole, not just the U21, at least having it this time of year there’s less teams that are still playing league games

Problem with playing U21 in the summer is having players available to fulfil fixtures. Young lads away on holidays, J1s etc. It’s a conundrum that will likely never be solved. Can’t play it early in the year as fitness, Adult team commitments, College and late October, November is tough too with burnout and pitches starting to cut up or freeze. Shambles really

I heard last night that cuala can’t field a team against Ballyboden St Endas in the under 21a football championship just wondering if this is true it is a shame if cuala can’t field a team because it means Ballyboden St Endas will go straight to the semi final without kicking a football

Clubs don’t lose that much to J1s, a lot of clubs wouldn’t lose any lads, and I’m sure if 2/3 lads did go, they’d still be able to field

A lot of good teams in the B championship this year. Raheny and Brigids will be strong. RT Lusk also who won the competition last year.

Lots of walkovers etc mainly due to the fact that lots of adult games going ahead on Sunday. Pity , the completion has been totally devalued in the last 7 / 8 years as there is no real place for it in the calender.

Td 1-11 na fianna 1-8. Late goal by Td to win it

7 clubs entered in A and 3 of them get a bye to the semi final… surely clubs of the stature of Crokes and Cuala conceding should set alarm bells off to try and save this tournament which the players certainly value greatly

What are the semi pairings??

Brigid’s beat Castleknock in the B championship 3-11 to 2-13 . Shaw was injured and didn’t play for Castleknock

Whitehall 2-08, Clontarf 2-13 in B Championship. Good game.

Harps 2-20 Naomh Barrog 3-11 (AET) in B Championship

Ballyboden St Endas best st pats palmerstown in the under 21 c championship

Totally disappointed that Cuala chose to give a walkover in an A championship but Jesus Christ KILMACUD should be ashamed of themselves … the numbers of players that the super “size “ clubs lose after minor is not the way it should be