Transfer Silly Season 2018

Will you still have the same amount of adult teams in both hurling and football then?

We’ll have an extra Football team - Division 3, 7 & 10. Unsure about the hurling side.

Best of luck with it, I really hope it works out for you both.

How is the 3rd team in AFL10? Counsel second team were in AFL 11 last year.

Judes after getting in 3 inter county players in Niall Donovan from Tipp, Conor Mackle from Armagh and Brian Coakley from Cork. They have a very strong panel now

So, I take it that three home-grown players will lose out?
Hard to be overly critical when most clubs would do the same.

Is that Niall Coakley’s brother?

Not criticising at all. They will go close again this year based on the panel they have at their disposal

I know you weren’t. It was my observation.

I was trying to remember did they have a coakley on the team. No idea if they’re related or not though

Yeah, it’s his younger brother.

well Barry Fitzgerald transferred home to Cork so thats one home grown place saved. There will be a significant number of retirements / drop back to inters from what was a very old panel last year I’d presume…

i dont think any of those 3 would be current intercounty players, Donovan was a sub a few years ago when Tipp got to all ireland semi and Mackle was mckenna cup player, a few years ago, no spring chicken himself either…

Is there another Tipp footballer on his way to Judes?

Declan Browne

the most prominet tipp man was supposed to be Crokes bound but not sure

no idea of anyone else Judes bound

Judes will have more outsiders starting come championship than last that came through the ranks, not the way to go about things.

It’s becoming the go to destination for culchies.