Tom Ryan appointed as new GAA DG

I think this will mean revenue remains the most important thing for the GAA going forward …

Maybe, but we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Up until now looking after our finances was his job, it’s understandable that he would have pushed to maximise revenue. Now he has to balance all the Association’s needs not just revenue. Let’s see how and what he does before making up our minds.

The groupthink has taken over. No surprise. Not good.

Good that two members of Dublin Clubs are in the two most powerful positions in the GAA. Hopefully that will mean a better time ahead for Dublin in decisions which affect our teams and clubs.
Tom Ryan’s qualifications are in finance but he is a real grassroots Club man doing great work, particularly at juvenile level, in Faughs and Templeogue Synge St.

Strange comment for a DCB delegate to make if in fact you are one. Does your club have a “better time” with decisions that affect it at DCB level as a result of your position?

Totally predictable. The GAA is a business now.

I wouldn’t hope not. People in positions of power should be totally neutral in their decisions.

And outside of decisions that their clubs might be involved in!!!

That post is a brilliant example of why it is bad news that Ryan got the post. You aren’t even aware of your own bias. The GAA is careering down the wrong road to corporate oblivion. Today is a bad day for the CPA and club players but a good day for ‘finance’ …

Speaking of which, I was in my car, and I was driving along, and my boss rang up, and he said
‘You’ve been promoted.’ And I swerved.
And then he rang up a second time and said "You’ve been promoted again.’
And I swerved again.
He rang up a third time and said ‘You’re managing director.’
And I went into a tree.
And a policeman came up and said ‘What happened to you?’
And I said 'I careered off the road.

Brolly unimpressed with Ryans appointment. More of the same!!!

Exactly. This what corporatism does. It is an all-permeating disease. Outsiders are excluded, almost sub-consciously and the mentality controls the insiders and then spreads.

I see what you’re trying to do here … O great @Iomaint one … :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

DUB09, You could never be accused of anything other than individuality!

Who did joe want ? Pat gilroy who is nt from a corporate background oh wait he is. Bar his donor work it’s hard to take Brolly serious on anything .

That’s interesting. According to another discussion the GAA just approved a major financial deal involving Templeogue Synge Street and Dolphin Park. Surely Tom Ryan was a key decision maker as the Head of Finance for the GAA?

New AS just interviewed there on RTE. Final question by Brian Carthy was would he reveal how much his salary is … he demurred.

Duffy was on €150,000 so start there.

Jesus Christ.