The Liam Miller Charity Match

Would you not be glad to see a charity event sell out?

Or Croker :astonished:

Delighted personally.

Would also make LOI people happy to get a fraction of that support for heir teams.

Loi won’t get a look in. All man u and Celtic

I see the good people of the rebel county of Cork will be cheering on former Man Utd keeper Roy Carroll in this charity garme. This is the same Roy Carroll who refused to shake the Cliftonville players hands at the pre game thing at the weekend because it’s a nationalist team. Go Cork! #rebelmearse

I would have thought it was a good thing at one stage. Now I think it is just a populist fest that shouldn’t have been allowed. The fact that soccer has to come to the GAA (‘worse then dinosaurs’ to quote Kenny the Dundalk manager) to raise money for a guy that operated within their billionaire environment is pathetic on their part. If they care, give the family the money.

We learned a lesson from this experience hopefully, eaten bread is soon forgotten. I wouldn’t give soccer / rugby the proverbial steam off me piss from now on.

Agree. I was happy to help initially but the bile from Kenny and Damian bloody Duff turned me sour on them big time. You don’t ask for a favour and then moan like ■■■■ while people make up their minds.

And who apparently told a Kilkenny lad on cliftonville team to “■■■■ off back down south” during the match.
You’d have to your homework done to come out with that.

I find it astonishing that someone who was a member of a loyalist flute band would make such a remark.

True!!!

Game nearly over and PuiC packed - on a Chewsday! Cork becoming a real soccer city …

There’ll be 300 max on Sunday in Dalyer. Cork are the most fickle fans in Ireland. They always get huge crowds when doing well and as soon as they drop off their crowds plummet

Good to see the place packed anyway - great to see the pitch width staying GAA width - a quick google and the pitch at PUC is 88M wide and old trafford is 68M - they were all knackered after 5 mins

There’s some amount of criticism coming from the Man U supporters on Twitter complaining that the playing of “You’ll never Wall Alone” ruined the day!!! Jayus the stupidly, I thought it was a charity game for Liam Miller but obviously not for some🙄

That could not be further from the truth, massive crowds when they were in first divison.

and they called the GAA dinosaurs. :zipper_mouth_face:

Yeah that’s why they can’t stop folding. I’ve been to Turners Cross plenty of times when the going was tough for them and the place was a ghost town

Corkonians fickle … next you’ll be saying their argumentative and self absorbed.

They do a good burger in the turners cross tavern these days.

andy reid must have popped in there