Sigerson

Well done to UCD. Mayos Stephen Coen captaining the side. That’s three All Ireland medals he has now as captain…(Mayo minor 2013, u21 2016) maybe we should make him senior captain :wink:

Another medal for Con Callaghan - unbelievable what he had won at what 20 years old ?

Only caught the second half, thought it was an entertaining enough game. On what I saw UCD were just about the better team.

There’s merit in your suggestion. Could be your ‘lucky general’. Needs to nail down a starting spot, where would that be?

He seems a good young fella with the right mentality. Saw him interviewed last year after the final and he spoke v well. No feeling sorry for himself/yous, no excuses etc. I

He is a good lad alright. Half back line is his best position but that’s the hardest line to break into on this Mayo team…that may change in next year or 2.

And In fairness I don’t think I’ve seen any of the current Mayo team make excuses after loosing finals in recent years.

Great final- top quality stuff. Its a pity there have been so many clashes and unfair on the players involved but it is rather inevitable given club/county/hurling/football commitments. May have been the difference between winning and losing for NUIG yesterday. Not sure what the solution is-certainly wont be abolished and shouldnt be with its history but the GAA do have it in their power to change eligibility rules (they did in recent years to prevent freshers playing with the larger colleges). Maybe rule out those who already have played senior inter-county but such a move would favour the larger colleges and exclude the likes of Tralee or Sligo ever again winning.

High quality game. UCD deserved it - were the better team in the second half anyway. Galway very reliant on Comer but they never stopped trying. Saw Murchan in tracksuit and runners with Jack Mc on sideline of stand side so he’s possibly injured or maybe ineligible due to being a fresher?