Final - Santry Avenue
N.U.I. Galway
15:30
U.C.D Dublin
More Info
Referee: Joe Mc Quillan
Extra Time if Necessary

Santry avenue = trinity pitch

Sigerson Cup: UCD see off UUJ in extra-time thriller: Con O’Callaghan’s 88th minute free secured UCD a place in the Sigerson Cup final. dlvr.it/QGNYkp #GAA #Dublin

… game of football?
2nd September, Croke Park.

Silver lining and all that…5 of the UU side are now available for the McKenna Cup final this Sat against Donegal.

But on the topic of player burn out:

That’s 3 games in 7 days if you include the Kildare game. And tonight went to extra time.

Not sure what course those 5 are studying for…but not sure how they manage to do much work.

It went to extra extra time - so even longer! Am not sure what course they are studying either, but its time some of them got it finished, some of them are not so young :grinning:

Yeah…that can happen when the universities ‘accept’ lads because they’re good at football.

Don’t often agree with Joe Brolly, but he was right when he spoke about young players impacting their career / studies for IC football.

But that’s another topic !

It definitely impacts, if it is for better of worse though it is hard to say. There appear to be very few, if any, top level footballers who are tradesmen, or even any sort of manual type labour.

The teaching profession is full now of young guys who are getting into it because it suits their sporting career rather then a particular vocation for teaching. But they could be right…

O Shea and Mullally were very solid for UCD last night, and they were up against some of the top forwards in the country. Two guys that will get a run with Dublin at some stage I am sure.

The quality of the free taking was serious also, especially for a really horrible night. That Evan O Carroll (Laois?) is a serious free taker. Likewise Lee Brennan with Jordanstown.

I’d really recommend a trip to the final for anyone free. This is a serious level of football.

Steady now … this is how it all started originally … :smirk:

TG4 live streaming today’s final

Con O’Callaghan, Cillian O’Shea and Conor Mullally all starting for UCD

NUIG hit the post and UCD go down and score a goal on their very next play. Con quiet so far. NUIG 0-05 UCD 1-01 after 20 mins

0-08 NUIG 1-05 UCD at half time. Con with a point from a free towards the end of the half. Eoin Murchan and David Deveruex two other Dubs on the bench for UCD

Great match. I really enjoyed that.

UCD 1-13 NUIG 2-09 at full time. Con has another medal for his collection! Could have went either way towards the end but UCD just that bit better to pull away with a win. Second Sigerson in three years for them

Jack was captain that time I think?!

Had McCarthy first goalscorer @10/1 :slight_smile: