Scottish Football

I understand a lot of what you are saying there but if Celtic who are going for a treble can bring in a Manager for the last three months could Leicester not equally wait that long?

I personally think BR should’ve told Leicester to wait until the end of the season.

In fact…I read one report that Lennon was going to be an interim manager at Leicester until the end of the season…then switch with BR.

I don’t blame him for going.

But I do think it looked a bit tactless to switch within 24 hrs. I’m sure Leicester could’ve waited.

34 years is an incredible statistic.

And I thought 4 years felt like a lifetime sentence.

#GavinToLeicesterCity

It was Aberdeen with Fergie as gaffer

Yeah…and back then he had Jim Leighton and Gordon Strachan.

Steve Clarke seems a good manager - at least he’s worked under some of the best.

But he’s hurt by lack of resources.

He said Defoe was getting more per week at Rangers than his entire team.

Forty-nine clubs have competed since the inception of the Premier League in 1992. Six of them have won the title since then: Manchester United (13), Chelsea (5), Arsenal (3), Manchester City (3), Blackburn Rovers (1), and Leicester City (1).

Where’s the big club???

Gayness.

You are aware that football in England was before 92. Are you suggesting Liverpool have never won the league then. Get a grip ffs

Blackburn Chelsea and Citeh needed sugar daddies otherwise Man U would have dominated even more.

Get ready to add the mighty Pool to that list.

My bangers are gone watching them.

Yes United never bought anyone, Fergie never tapped up a player. United threw around the money … until those clever Americans bought the franchise and took millions out of the club … it hasn’t been the same since. You have to be careful with these sugar daddies … some are just there to get what they want.

I forgot about them :grinning:

Was saying that to someone last night.

They reckoned if Celtic and Rangers came to the Premiership they’d soon be in the top 6 due to their support.

But how could you compete financially? Utd bought Fred for £53m to stop City getting him. Or that’s what I read. £53m for a man to warm a bench.

And right said Fred … but he has proved to poxy for his shirt …

They’d get the tv money . And everything else that comes along with been in the EPL.

I’m not sure of the figures…:but watching that documentary about City on Netflix…it’s another planet.

But I doubt Celtic and Rangers would ever be allowed to leave the SPL.

It’d kill the league if they left.

I don’t think there’s much doubt about that once the additional revenues were factored in.

I can’t see it happening though. I thought the Europe wide league made sense by taking the best sides from the likes of France Holland Belgium Denmark Scotland Portugal to compete with Spain England and Italy on a financial front. Probably will never happen either.

The Chairmen/Women in the Championship teams are the main block to Celtic playing in the EPL alongside other “Foreign Teams” like Swansea, Cardiff or Wrexham when they qualify.