Rule changes

I’ve taken a while to look into the rules and the more I think of it, the more ridiculous they are.

First and foremost, I cannot get my head around why some people within the GAA are determined to undo everything Cluxton has done for the game. The art of what he does from kickouts is something the powers that be are trying to take away from him. Its almost that because no team can break even on a Dublin kickout that these people on the committee decide they have to level the playing field themselves.

A forward sideline only? 3 yellows for a red? Its just bizarre.

If you want to limit the handpass and introduce the offensive mark go to the AFL. Because what we’ll see is a couple of handpasses out the pitch then a hoof into the big man in the square in the hope for the best.

What rationale is there behind this all? What research have they done. Some of these suggestions are worse than what you’d hear from the know all down the local who’s had a few too many. As rebus said, one of them sounds like it was decided at the afters of a wedding.

Its evident that those on the committee don’t really know what they’re at, and have clearly not thought past the intercounty level aspect of it too. The difficulties implementing this at club level have been laid clear since the proposals were announced.

These proposals aren’t tackling what the real issue is. Unfortunately it appears the GAA’s main desire is to create rules that Dublin will struggle with. The reality is this team and management would adapt to any new rules better than any other team.

The issue with our game currently lies with managers. Managers setting their team up not to lose rather than win. Managers with no ambition for the team other than to not damage their reputation. Managers with no idea how to coach a team how to attack. There’s too many bluffers in top jobs who simply copy what other teams do, and have no actual plan themselves. Managers refusing to accept the need for a 2 tier championship.

These rule changes are beyond a joke and will absolutely not improve our game. The rules do not need a radical overhaul, its the structures that do. And until that’s done, no matter what rule changes you make the same issues will always be there

TBH it does look like someone has distilled the following “truths” from the past five years :
1 Dublin are susceptible to a high ball into their back line
2 Dublin don’t have the best midfield in the country
3 put cluxtons kickouts under pressure and slow them down and Dublin lose their game plan
4 only Dublin can use the bandpass to destroy the blanket defence.
And have framed rules to put all the above into games as teams in their own can’t.

The trouble is these rules will suit the current Dublin football team and if they are not coming in for 2020 you can bet of all teams ours will be the best prepared.

The rules also show that this committee is quite happy with the blanket defence, a formation which is hated unless used against Dublin where you get the “sure why not it’s all they can do to keep the score down” arguments.

Anyway like I’ve said, I think we will actually do very well under this.

Doesn’t matter what way they change the rules, JG will have a plan…

Of course he will. Whether it be the 2019 league or the 2020 championship, Jim Gavin’s squad will be the best organized and & best prepared one in the country, regardless of what new rules apply. Just like they always are. Everyone else will be running to catch up. Just like always. Can’t wait to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth when everyone realises the new rules discommode us not one single jot !

They say a poor tradesman blames his tools, you could also say a poor manager blames the rules. The stats are not there to change the rules, instead their there for the manager and coaching staff to adapt their game. Seems we prefer to change the rules rather than improve the quality of managers