Rugby 2018

Fixtures for the group stages of the Heineken Cup have been announced, Leinster’s are as follows:

Round 1
Friday, 12th October - Leinster v Wasps, RDS Arena (KO 7.45pm, BT Sport)
Round 2
Sunday, 21st October - Toulouse v Leinster, Stade Ernest Wallon (KO 4.15pm, BT Sport)
Round 3
Saturday, 8th December - Bath v Leinster, The Recreation Ground (KO 3.15pm, BT Sport)
Round 4
Saturday, 15th December - Leinster v Bath, Aviva Stadium (KO 5.30pm, BT Sport)
Round 5
Saturday, 12th January - Leinster v Toulouse, RDS Arena (KO 1pm, TV3/Channel 4/BT Sport)
Round 6
Sunday, 20th January - Wasps v Leinster, Ricoh Arena (KO 3.15pm, BT Sport)

That group is Leinster’s to lose.

All former Heineken Cup winners, should at least be competitive.

I’d hardly go that far!

Anyone watching the All blacks v Pumas?

Argentina have been very impressive even though they are 15 points behind, they are playing some great attacking rugby.

I’d be shocked if the All Blacks dont win the world cup at a canter. With the type of rugby argentina play, I wouldnt be suprised if they bet Ireland in a world cup again.

Very hard how to see them getting beaten, we’ve probably the only chance of beating them as there’s no one else around and we don’t have the depth in the squad for a WC tournament especially if we lose Murray or Sexton.

Look at the difference in scores and performances/type of rugby in the respective games Vs Australia this year. Pretty clear picture, we are 10 points minimum behind the ABs, more if they get an early lead.

interesting, although form guides arent always reliable, and we do seem to play an dour brand of (generally) winning rugby - wouldnt cut loose like them so much?

Wouldn’t be able to. They are a much more talented team but we would make them work very hard. Ten point defeat I expect, and that’s an achievement against this lot

Saw the Leinster game yesterday. Very poor performance by the referee. On one occasion he went to the video ref and said if the try wasn’t allowed he was going to card the scarlet player and give Leinster a penalty. Surely if it was fouled play a card was due either way? He also allowed a shocking hit on Lowe as he scored his try by the number 9. Came in and drove his knees into Lowe. No action was taken. This was serious dirty and dangerous play wit he the potential to badly injure an exposed player. Can the 9 be cited after the game?

Saw it as well. Don’t understand why penalty try was not awarded in that instance, along with the yellow card.

Sorry to see Dominic “Dippy” Ryan has to retire at 28 from the game, due to issues relating to head injury and concussion.

He gave a very honest and scary interview with John O’Sullivan in Saturday’s Irish Times. I’d recommend anyone who has an interest in the game read it, but be warned it’s not an easy read.

Crazy physical game these days.

I made the exact same comments on another forum about the card and the slide. There’s a 48 hour period after a game in which an independent citing commissioner can flag things. Guessing it didn’t happen.
There was also one point where Andrew Porter was lying on the wrong side of the ruck. The ref said “Don’t Move” so he didn’t move. Ref then have Scarlets a penalty for not rolling away

ah here.

Pressure on Joey Carberry this evening! Never I thought I would see Munster’s great white hope arriving from Leinster! I think he will do well.

Started well anyway!

Up Clontarf…Up Belvo…Up Munster…Christ nobody would believe it!

Amazing Championship test match in Wellington tonight, SA beat the ABs by 36-34, game had everything, most notably a nightmare performance by superstar Beauden Barrett, only 2 kicks from 6 including two sitters missed and gave away a calamitous try with a suicide quick line out pass just when ABs in process of blowing SA away.
Anyway it kept the championship alive. Possibility that the final SA-ABs game could decide it, though would need Arg to get a result in their home game Vs the ABs. Not impossible but a backlash is most likely outcome.