Rugby 2018

As the tears ran down the back of his neck…

Oh Bart … only saw this now !!!.. bugger I was in McDonald’s gettigans watching it …

Well done Leinster. Some achievement.

I was in McGettigans!!! Went upstairs to watch it.

Delighted the Romanians got fucked out

Like the russians never cheat at anything …

It’s ironic that the Russians are benefiting from others cheating for once :grin:

The Russians are a grand bunch of lads!

Would Leinster beat a rest of ireland team?

Depends on whether the rest of Ireland team was Leinster’s 2nd XV (who might push them hard) or a combination of the other three provinces (who wouldn’t).

Joking aside… Conor Murray and Peter O’Mahony are the only non-Leinster players who would start on an Irish team ahead of their Leinster counterpart. Bundee Aki and Rory Best would also push. CJ would be good to have on the bench or maybe even to claim a starting spot. He has been poor for Munster the last year or two but when he has a good 7 beside him (such as Leavy) he has been quite good for me.

Now obviously, having started this debate they’ll probably lose to munster but that’ll be more down to winning the ERC last weekend then anything, which would be understandable.

I’d say Munster were hoping that drop goal went over to take it to extra time.

It will be interesting to see what side Leinster put out, they’ll need to make changes as there will be tired bodies around from last weekend.

Of course Munster will be well rested and should have a full strength squad (barring injuries).

If Leinster win, fatigue may be a real issue with some players because the final will be the following week, their strength in depth will be seriously tested with 3 massive games on 3 consecutive weekends.

How are they going to decide where the ‘nipple line’ is? Make the players wear transparent jersies? And will this rule apply to women’s rugby too?

Is it like the panty line? We’ll need VNLs if it is to succeed

Jeysus, some of the older women’s rugby could have very low tackle lines indeed…

Yeah, ankle taps may become illegal!

Joey Carberry has signed for Munster. Really makes sense for him and Ireland, if not Leinster.

for 1 or more years?

The article doesn’t say. I’d imagine a two year contract. It would then finish at the end of the season in which the next World Cup takes place. Sexton retires or has another season or two in France and Carberry can take the throne.
I’d say in the back of his mind he is worried that Ross Byrne will shine when Sexton isn’t available and becomes Sexton’s heir apparent.

From BBC website:
“The IRFU has yet to reveal the length of Carbery’s new contract and whether the player is moving to Munster on loan or on a permanent basis.”