Rugby 2018

I’ve heard people say this too.
Stockdale will most likely be starting on one of the wings, despite missing 2 last man tackles for tries (v Larmour and McFadden), and being run over by Andrew Porter (which led to another try). Not having a go at Stockdale, but just find it strange how people are giving out about Larmour’s defence.

Like i say, not my opinion, just what yerman was saying. Often seems to be the way that great attackers are often not that great defensively. Sounds like stockdale might be a case in point. Eddie jones wont pick that shortarse wasps winger who is lethal in attack.

People listening to Jim Neilly …

Tayto won’t be happy. Munster sign two 18 year old South Africans prior to Dec 31st deadline. Means they’ll be eligible to represent Ireland by 21. Provided they’re good enough/stick around etc.

Even I would say that’s pulling the piss now.

And I won’t even mention the now rehabilitated drug cheat they’ve ready to select now either!

Railway cup is finished! :slight_smile:

Money really is killing rugby :rugby_football:

What’s worse is that there are apparently a few decent young tightheads in Ireland that aren’t with any of the provinces that Munster could have signed instead. Some chap called Betts, and another Oisín Heffernan, who played 20 times for the U20s!

Edit: Seems that the last 4 Irish u20 TH props would have been available!

THis is exactly what Ireland are supposed to not do, I would have thought.

most certainly. There were some genuine cases, where both capped and uncapped players ended up players coming over to play. The nature of a global sport allows for that freedom.

It’s mutated in to an arms race unfortunately. While I don’t disagree with allowing someone who has ‘served their time’ from representing Ireland, the blatant poaching of underage players from other unions talent pools is going too far. Particularly as Dubsteip says, when it’s at the expense of our own youth coming through.

In fairness to Leinster, most of their up and coming young players came through the academy, and most played for a school in leinster and Ireland underage. Even if the schools system in Munster isn’t on par, surely they should be looking to sign up Irish youth players that havent signed for a province (I know they’ve had a lot of hand me downs over the years), again as Dubsteip explains above.

Only positive is that a few of the unsigned Irish might head abroad for a few years and develop there. Many examples of similar scenarios of lads heading to England France or Wales and succeeding. Conor O Shea might even encourage a few to head over to Italy.

As it stands - and may well end up being the case - there are no English teams in the QFs of the European Cup.

All together now ‘are ye Italy in disguise’ …

Or do they care?

Yeah i think they do.

They were the ones driving the reorganisation of what was the Heineken Cup into the Champions Cup

Leinster were excellent against a very weak Glasgow side. Fairly sure they’ve guaranteed a home semi final should they progress from their home quarter? They were 11/4 to win it outright before the weekend, surely shorter now.

Ulster and Munster in a tussle for their own home quarters. Munster would have secured it today only for their regular indiscipline to creep in again.

Fairly sure Connacht progressed out of the Challenge Cup group stages too, so all hunky dory going into the Six nations.

Fingers crossed no further key injuries next weekend, though with France and Italy up in the first 2 fixtures, might me not a bad time to try a few lads out.

But never mind all that stuff about games etc, has professionalism helped or ruined rugger in Ireland?

Munster discipline was shocking - the captain needs to take a look at himself in the first instance.

They still need one more point to guarantee a home semi. Currently both Clermont and Toulon could join them on 23 points if they have bonus point victories in the last round.

Unfortunately (because I think he’s rubbish), one player Ireland may not have to worry about against France is Mathieu Bastareaud - he could be facing a ban for one or two homophobic comments in Toulon’s game against Benetton.

France wouldn’t select him … would they? … long past his overrated prime.