Rugby 2016-2019 (Until we win the World Cup......)

Give me an average hurling game to watch, any day, over an average football game.
To throw something else into the mix, Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday yesterday was puke.
I can somewhat agree with @tayto’s point on rugby - but I would exclude Leinster and Exeter (in the English Premiership) from such criticism. Both of those teams like to play attacking egg ball.

True leinster do play a good brand of rugby, as go exeter, but it’s like there are too many apes … sorry players … on the pitch these days and you have to recycle the ball 46,000* times to create space for a break.

*slight exaggeration for dramatic effect.

Ah @Tayto - I think the ‘apes’ are far more skilful now than they ever were. Front rowers are far more mobile - Cronin, Healy, Furlong are all fairly quick for their size and beasts like James Ryan are hugely skillful now.

Political correctness gone mad! :joy:

Furlong is an enigma. Probably the best tighthead in the game, currently. James Ryan would be more than at home on a Gaelic football field. Dan Leavy is an outstanding athlete and footballer. Peter O’Mahony mixes plenty of brawn with with no lack of rugby footballing skill and a very clever mind, far beyond that of previous “up-the-jumper” stuff.

Fair enough. I think international rugger is fine though it has lost a big chunk of entertainment by France being so poor in recent years. I haven’t watched the ‘representative teams’ in ages, like yourself just can’t feel attached to them and all that goes with it. Ireland are not great to watch overall but very very impressive, and do alot of sensible stuff really well. It’s great to see a job sop thoroughly and efficiently carried out. Some of the individual efforts by players like Henshaw, Wingwose, and Stockers have been great to watch and do really light up those games.

I can see where the mark will help prevent crowding and swarming of forwards.

Simon Zebo playing great stuff for Racing - I wish he was still involved with Ireland. I think Ireland still have room to be a bit more expansive but it’s a bit rich when a coach associated with Eddie Jones suggests Ireland are “boring”…

Easily the most boring team to win RWC. Biff, bash, bosh.

You omitted something.

i’d happily take that mantle off them if we won it all the same.

We are a far more entertaining team than they ever were. Your man is just winding. Hope we stuff them.

yea but if we won the competition by kicking three drop goals i wouldn’t care less that we were shite to watch.

Emile Ntamack s son makes his debut for France v Wales. Jaysus I m starting to feel old.

He played for Toulouse v Leinster … hardly touched the ball mind you! Also played u20s v Ireland … with Daniel Brennan.

Yeah he didn’t impress against Leinster and I was surprised by his inclusion. Equally surprised by Dupont not being in the team at 9.

Afternoon viewing sorted. :+1: @Wasonthehill83

Clashes with judge Judy unfortunately.

Any fear of colleges GAA ever being shown. Serious hype in media with d rugged!!

You do get colleges games online. DIT and UCD was available last night live.

UCC and NUIG live at 3.30 today. Check out @ElectricIreland … if you’re not watching the rugger!!

Great to see Parra get picked. Class player to watch. French have an embarrassment of riches there. Dupont as you say, Machenaud, and Couilloud too.

Strong English team picked. Probably their best, Underhill if he was fit. Still think we’ll beat them.

Eddie has dispensed with the politics it looks like. Ashton even gets on the bench! Might be too late for them to get it right, but i suppose this is the year that counts.