RIP Thread

Thanks my friend. John would have been a close friend of my Dad, Lord Rest Him and I would have regarded him too as a personal friend. Would have been my Minor Manager back in '82 and then played football with him on the Seniors.

I mentioned on GAABoard that when it came to shooting practice in training, Beefer was one of the few that could hit the ball so hard it whistled through the air. As a keeper (in the loosest sense of the word) I used to dread seeing him pull the trigger on his left peg!

We were at the house last night with chairs, stools, water boiler, crockery etc and we will have to arrange a Guard of Honour for the funeral.

I chose to become a pub bore / anorak instead! :flushed:

Condolences to you @Rufus_T_Firefly he was a great Gael by all accounts.

Thanks my friend.

condolences @Rufus_T_Firefly . Nice reference to him from my kids GAA club were he gave a few coaching sessions to the cooaches. - children may forget what you tell them, but will never forget how you made them feel.

Ar dheis De go Raibh a anam

Thank you @Bosco - much appreciated.

@Rufus_T_Firefly Condolences, never knew the man, judging by some of the stuff I’ve read he was held in high regard.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a Anam.

Thanks Liam.

Condolences @Rufus_T_Firefly to you and your club.

RIP.

Thanks BW.

Sounds like he had a bit of the Mickey Whelan about him so.

Condolences @Rufus_T_Firefly. Same to all at your club.

Twitter can be a cesspit at times but some of the tributes to the man on there today show he was much, much more than Mickey Moran’s right-hand man. May he Rest In Peace.

Thanks John.

The GAA is blessed to have men like John Morrison. People who played the games at a young age and developed a life long love for the Association and gave back manifold and without question. These people are the beating heart of the GAA.

Loved your post @Rufus_T_Firefly - a lovely tale of a special man.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

Thanks my friend.

just seeing this now @Rufus_T_Firefly sorry to hear, there have been nothing but good words said about him over the last few days from all quarters, that always says something.

Sorry to hear this Rufus, I think every club has a version of John Morrison. And when we loose them we only realise how brilliant and significant they where. Go gently on your way John. RIP.

In Ireland we say lovely things about people.
…too late. We need to work on that and say the nice things when people are alive to hear them!

That would make us american, irish people alergic to compliments especially Gaa people. The great compliment John Morrison will get is there will be many of his clubmen hoping to have the honour to carry him to his grave.

Do you think it is a good thing? That we keep compliments for corpses? We need to grow up a bit.

For me it’s about respect, when someone passes you talk about achievements and qualities , if they weren’t liked you tend to say nothing , did John Morrison know or not know he was respected and liked ??? I’d say he knew and did not need to be told n a regular basis , anyway hope his club give him the send off he deserves