RIP Thread

Loved watching It’ll Be All Right On The Night. Was never the same without him

RIP

Sad to hear, I was only thinking about him a week or so ago. Some of his work (not just the bloopers) were where I first came across a lot of the good us comics and sketch artists. He was always a big fan of Lily Tomlin.

Is that Ricky Tomlin’s son …

That is highly unlikely. :wink:

Who’s Ricky Tomlin?

Jim Royale’s son.

Norden and people like Barry Cryer were stalwards of the UK comedy scene going back to the 40’s almost - any comedian who was on TV used material from them.

a great age though!

Absolute hero, his half an orange for a head joke is one of my all favourites and it dies on it’s arse every time you try to tell it

I always get huge laughs … maybe it’s the way I tell 'em …

Maybe it’s just you.

I used to tell them at school I wanted to be a comedian and they laughed at me. They’re not laughing now.

They are far away now.

Or the fact you’re naked when you tell it…

Like all good orange jokes, I tell it in segments.

Bunny Carr RIP. Stop the lights!

Send what you can, to…!

And now for your 10p question…

Chas Hodges from Chas and Dave

For those of a certain vintage, Al Matthews who played Sgt Apone in Aliens passed away yesterday

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal’s a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I love the Corps!

The Director’s Cut of that film is up there with The Godfather Part 2 and The Empire Strikes Back as the greatest sequel ever made imho. And the script had a lot to do with it. Bill Paxton had more great lines in that film alone than most actors have in a lifetime