RIP Thread

Images of families sheltering kneedeep or in boats in the water, if lucky enough to make it, is like something from GOT.
Awful stuff

Cant bear to look at it. Nightmare stuff. break your heart to see people suffer like that.

Dreadfully sad. Horrific way to die. The poor people trying to clean up this mess too. Awful situation.

A proud Dub, Karl Andrews died suddenly on Wednesday. I started school at five years of age with Karl in St. Columba’s N.S., Iona Road in 1969 before moving on together to St. Vincent’s CBS in Glasnevin. Karl played for Na Fianna with distinction before getting involved with Castleknock in recent years.

Taken far too soon, my condolences to Karl’s wife Eilish and his four young children.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

I reckon I know you well too @Timo

Karl was a great character and a great GAA man. Really shocking news to hear this week. My heart goes out to this family and to his many many friends. Sometimes there are no words.

RIP

My mother is a friend of his mother and I heard about it this week. It’s been on my mind since. The stupid stuff we worry about and then you hear tragic news like that and it puts it all in perspective.

I don’t know Karl but his mother is a lady.

Very sad, RIP.

RIP.

Tommy Peoples

Bothy Band. Great player. Sad to hear that.

The whole of St Judes is in mourning after news of the death of Davy O’Beirne filtered through last weekend. Davy was a very popular and much loved guy and his untimely passing has affected players and supporters across all four codes at all levels. He will be missed terribly.
It is worth noting that opposition clubs at all levels have been very accommodating in refixing league games and giving Davy’s teammates and friends time to mourn.

Sorry to hear. RIP

Terrible tradegy. RIP.

Just heard Mrs Mooney a legendary dubs supporter for years, passed away. I am sure a lot of the older folks on here would be familiar with her. RIP

Absolutely tragic, no words. Condolences to the family and the wider St Jude’s Gaa club

Jim the anvil neidhart. RIP

Wrestlers dropping like flys at the moment .
Think it was 3 that passed away in the same week about a week or 2 ago.

At the moment? It’s been going on for decades.

Aretha Franklin is on her way out

In her own words I’ll say a little prayer for her. Classy artist and lady.

Absolutely tremendous voice