RIP Thread

TK Whitaker

Probably the greatest Non Political Irishman since the foundation of the state

Graham Taylor, 72, ex England Manager who famously told the linesman that he was after getting him the sack over a decision the linesman made, has died.

He had a terrible time as England manager. I prefer to remember him for the manager who helped Paul McGrath save his career.

Seemed like a nice man in fairness, but the English tabloids went to town on him, made him a scapegoat for a lot of their player’s failings. May he RIP

Swedes 2, Turnips 0.

He made some bad choices as England manager. But the tabloids’ treatment of him was a disgrace.

Sid Lowe on a moment in the Impossible Job documentary

“Devestated to hear of Graham’s sad passing, what a gentleman. In my darkest days himself and Rita were always there for me #RipGrahamAHero,” tweeted Paul McGrath.

Sad to hear this

Condolences to the Costelloe family on the passing of John’s mother yesterday.

Huge turnout this evening. RIP.

Pal from Plunketts forwarded this to me last night - very sad news

Sun, 15 Jan 2017

Pat Bugler, our esteemed Chairman, tragically and suddenly passed away earlier today. The club wish to extend its condolences to the Bugler family. Our thoughts and prayers are with all the Bugler family but especially to his wife Aideen and their children Aoife, Sean & Darragh at this time.

Funeral arrangements later

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Another acting legend moves on.

RIP John Hurt.

John Hurt as the Bird in “The Field” showed how good he was. A brilliant and memorable performance.

Don’t think I ever saw Hurt play a role badly. Loved him!

would never attempt to equate an animal life to a human . But I would make a special mention today.

But Many Clouds died a hero today at Cheltenham.

Too brave for his own good. But went out on his shield. Possibly the best steeplechase performance I’ve ever seen considering who he beat.

A special horse.

What??? He died after the race??? Jeysus. Amazing performance today, I guess he put too much into it!

Very sad to hear about Many Clouds.
John Hurt was a true great. Anyone who wants to see his early brilliance watch A Man For All Seasons, which incidentally is a timeless classic film. He wasn’t the lead role (Paul Scofield is magnificent) but was the other stand-out performance.

On that sort of theme (British royalty shenanigans), the current series “Crown” is brilliant, if you can leave aside natural prejudices

It happened right in front of me

It was shocking to see especially what had just happened moments before hand

Just reading about this

Racing bosses who were warned not to run Many Clouds in big races due to health concerns could face prosecution, MailOnline can reveal today.

It has now emerged that the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) were aware of concerns about Many Cloud’s welfare and they could face a criminal investigation.

Of course this is from the Daily Mail so take from that what you will .

Mary Tyler Moore, famous TV actor of the 70s, died very recently. And so it goes on