RIP Thread

Des Cahill and Darren Frehill (a personal friend of Tony’s) both tweeted his sad passing. Very messy if true.

I see Mulcahy has tweeted his death too. Rte put up that he was taken seriously ill about 5 minutes ago but have taken it down

Mulcahy has tweeted again saying he hasn’t passed on

The dangers of social media.

What a hurler , what a half back line . Keep fighting Tony .

Mulcahy just tweeted again that he hasn’t passed away, but critical. Great piece on him as part of Legend’s Tour in Croker.

I used to think that was about Dully! :wink: Great tunes, brilliant performer. Saw him at a festival about 10 years ago. Rhinestone Cowboy always ironically reminds me of our kitchen extension getting built back in the day, by the sort of builder that leaves a lasting mark and style. And offers coming over the phoooone…

Love Galveston.

Jaysus the Tony Keady controversy, really stood out. Great player, I wish him well.

“And I love you more than need you, and I need you for all time”…

Brilliant line.

Best wishes to Tony Keady.
Finnerty, Keady and McInerney wasn’t a bad half-back line, was it?

Best wishes to him and family , hope he makes a good recovery . Read in one paper that the son of his former playing partner, Gerry McInerney, was playing against Tipperary. Apparently he’s in the same club of Oranmore ( he used to play with Kinvara ).

That’s correct. Gearoid McInerney played centre back on Sunday and played a stormer.
Got man of the match on RTE. Remember there was a bit of controversy over his dad turning out in white boots for the 87’ All Ireland. Unheard of back then!!!

Gerry McInerney had the best mullett in Gah apart from Willie-Joe

Tony Keady has passed on according to

True true legend, sincere condolences to his family and friends and Galway hurling.

Big loss to his family , club and friends . Lucky to see him play . RIP.

Condolences to his family and community. Great player

RIP, Tony.

Condolences to family and wider Galway Clan. RIP Tony.

I went on the Legends Tour with Tony Keady - won tickets with Bord Gais - and it was a fantastic afternoon. He told some great stories. The one that sticks in my mind the most is when he won the Player of The Year. His “prize” was a lamp shade!!!

Nice story about Keady & Lynskey going to The Hut after the AI final…