Recommend a movie / documentary

Feck, sick I missed that will have a look for it on catch up :+1:

0 Likes

Have you read “Grant and I “ by Robert Forster ? It’s a great read and a good companion piece for the documentary.

0 Likes

Was excellent, well worth looking out for the repeat.

0 Likes

0 Likes

‘Can you ever forgive me’ is very good , mainly for the acting. Richard E Grant is brilliant as a drunk despite being a teetotaller in real life and Melissa McCarthy is excellent too. It’s set in New York 1991, so there no computers or mobiles around. It made me nostalgic for the 90’s.

1 Like

Saw it at the weekend , really enjoyed it . McCarthy can pull off comedy & utter despicable characters with ease. Grant was superb too.

0 Likes

Even the cat put in a good shift.

0 Likes

That was tough :confused:

0 Likes

The Snapper on Virgin Media One tonight at 21:00 :clap:

0 Likes

Never ever ever tire of this movie. The best scene is when he screams at the ceiling ‘jesus christ’

0 Likes

It’s a terrible shock… Being married for 25 years, and finding out your husband’s a prick.’

4 Likes

Wonder what took her so long?

Mrs. DubInHell had me sussed after 25 minutes.

4 Likes

The bit that really cracks me up is when Dessie is driving Sharon to the Rotunda. You see him turning right and going down by the clonliffe house, back up the North Strand towards Fairview ( I think) down by Busaras, across the river to the Southisde and the comes up O’Connell St

3 Likes

Get outta de way ya dozy bollicks!

2 Likes

Just like a good Dublin taxi man :wink:

5 Likes

That umpire made a quick recovery. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Here Sharon ye forgot your piss…eh urine

1 Like

Singing Amarillo needs a good and long enough backdrop!

0 Likes

“What happend to her ?”
“She stuck the nail in the socket”
“What did you do that for ?”
“Cause it fit”

:rofl:

1 Like

Saw Stan and Ollie in the cinema, lovely film, Steve Coogan brilliant. Very emotional to see the two guys brought to life again like this and great ending in Dublin

0 Likes