Recommend a movie / documentary

I thought so yeah, although that was a doozy.

Must check it out so.

Its excellent. Those Italian lads are bananas!

yeah decent watch - can never understand lads who do roar rubbihs and f*cking shite into the camera after football games - while having no sympathy for him nor the CEO - ex rangers chap who would eat himself if he could - i did feel sorry for the genuine supporter who have nothing else bar the club to support conisdering all industry is gone from the place

“Can You Ever Forgive Me?” is really good I thought. A dark role suits Melissa McCarthy, with still a bit of humour. She badly needs to escape her typecast!

Am looking forward to Mary Q of Scots and The Favourite. Seems there’s alot of talk about Olivia Coleman getting an Academy Award. I’ve really liked her since her days with the gang on BBC2 alt comedy about 10 years ago, some progress since then.

:love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

A Star is Born

Surprised how good it was . Good chemistry between Cooper & Gaga . Could see her win an oscar out of it .

Saw a class one last night. Thunder Road. Absolutely brilliant

Watched this last night on Netflix. A colossal disaster .

Prime time has a gender debate tonight. Graham linehan has placed himself in the centre taking on the transgender mob. Think I d rather be parachuted into Syria to take on isis…

Transgender mob?

Mob?

Why don’t you chop off your willie, implant a pair of silicone boobs into your chest cavity & inject yourself with a gallon of synthetic oestrogen & let’s see what that does for your crankiness levels. :crazy_face:

Look people protesting against an opinion or argument about something nobody is sure about . Adults transitioning fine but immature kids / teens making decisions they may not be fully sure of or may regret . Lenihan expresses a genuine opinion , granted he s a comic writer not a medical professional but this is a society debate. Hysterical reactions from people in the transgender community, calling in the cops over a twitter debate or trying to close down opinions they disagree with. A mob , black , white , straight , Irish , English whatever is a mob.

The manner in which he expressed his opinion (on something he has very limited knowledge of) was pretty ignorant. He was rightly called out for it. Some of the responses were more than a bit over the top alright, but so were the original “it’s all a load of bollix really” tweets. Individual people disagreeing with him, are just that. Individuals expressing an opinion. Doesn’t automatically make them a mob, just because there are more of them than him.

Think they’re called moobs.

Group of individuals outside rte protesting . Anyway I m off to Damascus…

A couple of individuals protesting is a mob now is it? :rofl:

Is there room fir one more? Can’t take the outrage!

Why? Are you pining fir some company? :evergreen_tree:

Would agree with this, or at least would be mindful of it. At that age they are working out who they are, developing their sense of self as they go through all sorts of phases and fads, adopting and disgarding labels. Previously you might go through a rocker/ raver/ mod/ skin/ yob/ bootboy/ goth phase (or a few of these) but this is life-changing stuff, that I don’t think most people at that age are mature or emotionally developed enough to grasp. The seemingly modern tendency in certain parts of adopting the most ‘in vogue’ or right on cause as an identity (for whatever reason) could play into that with immature kids.

Would also add I haven’t read Linehan’s quotes. He may be correct or at least hold honestly held opinions on this but I don’t pay much attention to people who constantly end up in flame wars on social media, would have you question their motives.

Interesting comment about most not getting genitalia correction surgery . Gives them the option to switch back .