Player Of The Year and Young Player Of The Year 2018

Anyone know have we any propects from the 21s to partner Fenton when MDMA hits the road for a backup for McCarthy .

There was one or 2 I believe who were good players, Andrew foley from Clontsrf would be the main option

I’d be amazed if anybody other than Howard ended up as Fenton’s partner in the coming years. Was excellent there for u21s last year. We’ve more than enough coming through up front so wouldn’t worry about him moving back there

A natural pairing. Great engines, both. Howard, not the tallest but well able to outfield many an opponent.
I seem to recall a recent game - not sure how important - but a long, dangerous ball was sent into the Dublin goal area and Howard made a great catch against a vaunted opponent. :wink:

Can only see howard dropping back there in the years to come

Is that the one in which Howard was well above senor Fenton when he caught it? Howard judges the high ball as good as any player I’ve ever seen play

Was McCarthy not a converted MF at HB in the first place though?
Doesn’t he play midfield for his club? Or is that only in recent years? Where did he usually play on his way up through the ranks?

Why do we have to name our positions on these players? I mean essentially they are only in their positions for the throw in, after that it’s all very fluid!

Howard has some spring off the ground

“Kangaroofrog” dope. Tests can’t detect it yet. He’ll be lepping for years before they catch on.
The Aussies have been at it for years.

And it’ll be how the Mexicans get over Trump’s wall.

Would like to see Darren Gavin from Lucan Sarsfields given a chance. Think he was abroad this year. He was man of match against Galway in u21 AI final last year. Can’t see Emmet O’Conghaile or Shane Carthy(Naomh Mearnog) getting back in.

Darren Gavin a great choice, hope he is back and playing.