Other County & Provincial Championships ... bitz'n'bobz

Castlebar win in Sligo with 8 points to spare and without hamstrung Paddy Durkan. Another 1-5 for Douglas who also got a black card. Should be a very interesting Connacht semi … I’m leaning towards Mitchells.

Some of the passing and shooting in the Connacht semi is atrocious - in relatively good conditions too.

Cracking last 10 mins in castlebar

Corofin the better side but I think the way they play might cost them in the end because they are attacking and defending in numbers and is energy sapping and Castlebar might have the better bench.

Saying that Castlebar will have to get more tackles in at the back and stop letting Corofin create the over lap by chasing the ball like juveniles. If they do I think they will win.

Yeah some great scores now alright. Vins march on and my dark horses O Mahonys dump Sarsfields out as predicted. 4 times losing finalists Rhode through too.

Some very low scoring games for such good weather and relatively solid pitches for the time of year, O’Mahony’s-Sarsfields 1-8 to 0-8 is poor, Vincent’s 13-07 not much better, presumably pukey football to some degree? Well done Vincents. Kildare & Meath football showing no sign of improvement yet.

RTE’s website “live scoring” is as slow as ever. Radio way ahead of it.

I’d have expected a much bigger win from Vincent’s . Carlow is the Sunderland of Leinster football
When Connolly is held they are vulnerable

Connolly get a black card ?

Connolly was black carded in first half

Interesting .

Referee in Castlelbar/Corofin is shocking bad.

Foot block on Douglas there??

definite foot block there

Vins v St Columba’s, Mullinalaghta and Rhode v Sean O’Mahonys. Repeat of 2014 final maybe …

Longford team are at home

Corofin’s to lose here. Controlled the extra time very well… oh sorry, TG4:

Some scór go hailín ar ám breise ó Corafin anois!

Pearse Park i reckon

Might be some form of a game down there. In Parnell it would be a walkover

Kilcoo hammered Maghery. Slaughtneil comfortable winners over Killyclogher too.

Brigids v Corofin final in Connaught.

Deferred coverage , grrrrr