Other Counties' Championships 2018

Milltown beat Ennistymon in Clare football final.

Fu#k Corofin…last team on the accumalator…1/7…going for 6 in a row…mountbellew missing 5 starters…draw :see_no_evil:

Jaysus. And they’ll probably win the replay by ten. Unlucky.

Crokes beat Dingle by six, late goal by Gavin White. Poor game by all accounts.

They were very lucky to get the draw. 7-7 … if it was Ulster we’d be giving out sh1te …

Yeh caught the end on the radio. 3-1 with a few mins left in 1st half as well to mountbellow. Shocking shite

Indeed they are - scored 24 points in the final, overcoming a gallant Ballymacnab side who played to the absolute peak of their powers but still went down by six (1-15 scored).

Rangers have been very impressive, playing their traditional kick passing game and accumulating some very big scores. I don’t think too many in Armagh saw them coming back this soon and there’s a sense that they could be about to put together another 4 / 5 / 6 in a row.

They have some exceptional forwards in the two O’Neills, Kyle Carragher and Cian McConville, but were best served by the two veterans - the combative Johnny Hanratty in midfield and the ageless Aaron Kernan at wing half back.

Interesting that their semi-final against St Patrick’s Cullyhanna was probably between the two best teams in the County this year and that there was only one payer on view (Paul Hughes of Crossmaglen) who was available to Geezer and Armagh. A lot of talk that the Rangers’ contingent are all making themselves available next year which will add hugely to our cause.

As for Ulster, Rangers now play Tyrone champions Coalisland on Saturday evening in Armagh and that is a match I would think they will win, which should leave them well placed for a rattle at the Ulster crown. Burren (Down) and Scotstown (Monaghan) are two other previous winners seeking to recapture past glories in a competition that appears wide open.

It’s the younger wave of Ulster u21 winners that’s pushed them over the line now - Gillespie, Ó Baoill, Carroll & Mulligan all have intercounty experience already while Ferry’s been called up to next year’s panel and a couple of others have played on very strong underage Donegal teams. It’s an exceptionally strong panel.

Having said all that, the record of Donegal teams in Ulster isn’t a fluke and I’d wonder if they feel that the job’s done and a nice warm pub is the place to be. Maybe if you get GD or Kilcar (who were missing Ryan McHugh & Paddy McBrearty this time around) to string a few wins together then they might give it a real rattle.

any reason why the wicklow final was played so late in the year ?

No and I think that’s why they weren’t given any leeway. Not the club’s fault but surely no reason why the County Championship ran this late with Wicklow gone on June 9. It is quite a convoluted set up with 6 teams in each of two groups with 2nd and 3rd playing a Quarter final and the winners play the top teams in the semis.

only reason for not running it off earlier in the year that i can think of, is to prevent a large gap from county final to leinster.

Aye but no need to leave literally no leeway in the event of a draw.

true

Brolly on the Mayo Senior Final …

" which turned out to be tedious in the extreme, and highlighted the impossibility of the task facing James Horan next year.

For Ballintubber, ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ scored his frees and did little else. For Breaffy, Aidan O’Shea drifted around the field into positions of no importance, taking possession, then hand-passing it sideways to men in no better position than himself. For all his ability, he has no inkling how to influence a game. For the opening five minutes, he went to full-forward.

The first long ball that was kicked in, he won it superbly in the air in spite of being double-marked, barrelled in on goal and was dragged down for a penalty, which was smacked home by Peter Dravins to put Breaffy 1-0 to 0-0 up.

‘He’s going to destroy them,’ I thought to myself. Instead, he went into his habitual drifting around aimlessly mode, and Breaffy’s greatest ever opportunity to win a county title drifted around aimlessly with him."

Its Corofin’s to lose in Connacht surely

Yerra

Dr Crokes winning 2-11 to 1-03 at ht. Cork football :roll_eyes:

How come Crokes get to play at home?

Portlaoise 1-08 Moorefield 0-04. Ht. Reign coming to an end?

Did TG4 not realise that Crokes would hammer Barrs?

1-13 to 1-09 for Portlaoise - ten to go

Rhode 5 Laurels 1-04 (45 mins)

Newtown Blues 6 Éire Og 2-09

Corofin hammering Clann 4-15 to 0-04. 13 to go