Online media (Balls, Sports Joe, The 42 etc)

I’d agree but I’m not particularly fussed about it. I think Croke Park is overused and it has no atmosphere when half empty. I’d have no problem playing a Leinster semi-final in Portlaoise or Nolan pk. Or an All-Ireland semi-final in PUC or Semple for that matter.

If nothing else, it would give the begrudgers a little less ammunition.

Season/corporate tickets are sold, however on the basis of All-Ireland semi finals being played in Croke Park, aren’t they?

They are indeed. I think there might be a guaranteed number of 1/4 finals too and Leinster semis could also be included now that I think about it.

McGill said:

"Ultimately, that’s up to counties if they want to bring a motion and there may well be interest out there, I suspect there is in bringing a motion to consider that Croke Park shouldn’t be used essentially for Dublin quarter-finals as a neutral venue," he told RTÉ Sport.

"I don’t think it was for CCC to make that call. The CCC for instance consider for All-Ireland semi-finals that Dublin, in Croke Park, is a neutral venue.

"If the broader association in Congress want to make that decision that for quarter-finals, it shouldn’t be considered a neutral venue then that’s fine, we’ll work with that. But it’s something we felt was a matter for Congress and not for CCC."

Each team in the ‘Super 8’s’ plays one home fixture, one away fixture, and one of the Super 8 games at Croke Park - that. We use it as our ‘home’ fixture. McGill is talking about moving the ‘neutral’ fixture. I don’t agree with this. The neutral fixture is a chance for everybody to play a game at Croke Park. If they are dissatisfied with us playing two games at Croke Park then the ‘home’ game should be the one to move - and to Parnell Park.

Yep. I got mixed up with John Thaw, aka Morse.

Fenton and Sinead Aherne on the longlist for RTE Sportsperson of the year

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2018/12/01/news/clare-legend-anthony-daly-joins-antrim-s-new-hurling-management-team-1497975/

I always said hard chaw?

Same for me.

We won’t fall out over the spelling :kissing_heart:

But we can agree that it’s not hard jaw

As ever, a consistent voice of reason :slight_smile:

I think Dermo would be a great name for that dolphin, he pops up everywhere, yeah it has a lovely ring to it
Dermo the Dolphin

That’s just a rumour…

Stop it right there.

He is an amateur dolphin.

He is entitled to be left alone and not speculated about. Whatever he was doing swimming up the Liffey (& past AIG HQ thank you very much) is entirely his own business.

Nothing to see here.

Move along now.

Well said! If he was one of our indigenous community people wouldn’t be allowed harass him like that you can bet. :whale:

I don’t know what for … but I blame Jim Gavin.

Turkey and ham for the first person who tells me who else you could easily imagine saying all of this.

Mr. J. Gavin or Mr. R. De Niro! (Inches!)

Very un Clemson like.

Holy sh1t Batman …