NHL Round 4 Clare v Dublin, Cusack Park, Sunday 12 March 2pm

Key match this, Going to be a tricky one down in Cusack Park

We haven’t a hope! There I said it!! We’re doomed!

Given that the team has shown improvement each week I’d give us a shot at beating Clare. Its never easy to go to Ennis and get a result but we’ve definitely got a chance.

Treacy
Madden
ODonnell
Macgabhann
Barrett
Rushe
Crummey
McMorrow
Conway
Conroy
Mcbride
Dillon
Bennett
Dwyer
ORourke.

Quinn and Burke doing little wrong but think we could do with giving ORourke another go and Bennett needs a start. Really think we can go there and get something

Can only see us winning if we score 3 or more goals and unfortunately we haven’t been clinical in that area

Yeah we haven’t been threatening the net all that much. It’ll be a requirement come champo for sure.

I would start Tracey in goal aswell, I’d also start cian boland were it be on the half forward line or the full forward line to add that extra burst off pace, also think this is the right game to play Oisin in the full forward line to.

Going to be hard . But we need the win . Would nearly guarantee survival . Maguire surely for keeper
I wouldn’t start madden or Quinn . Stick work is too slow yet . I’d start Bennett over Mc Gibbs too
Need huge games from rushe , crummy, o Dwyer and Dillon .
Clare will think the same…

If only Danny was available.

Dropping Donal Burke for O’Rorke? Who has had plenty of chances?

We want to win this game. Treacy from Cuala in goal? I think he has bigger fish to fry.

I’d imagine it is Jonathan Tracey from Na Fianna he is referring to. He was the u-21 keeper last year.

What? why? Where’s Danny? :innocent:

Dropping Burke … ummmmm … what?

Quinn shows some lovely touches, not a HB though. Could see him coming into midfield.

Barrett will surely move to the HB line when the Cuala lads return, that or Moran from Cuala should get a shot - strong looking HB line options then.

Sorry. My mistake.

I think Quinn is a very good hurler as well but he runs himself into trouble too often… which is probably a symptom of the slow stick work being mentioned. If he’d get the head up early and let the ball go sometimes he’d be less predictable and way more effective.

Apparently Shane ODonnell out for next six weeks. They’ll be missing nearly as many players as us {excluding of course the extra unnecessary number Cunningham has driven away).

Anyway gives us a fighting chance going on current form.

Maybe throw in the 2 League points with whoever wins the club final next week? :grinning:

I assumed Cian Boland was injured, as surely to god we are not starting minors and leaving one of our best U21s on the line.

Only back from injury I believe. He made a cameo appearance in Champo relegation few weeks back.