NFL1 Final, Dublin v Galway, Croke Park, April 1st, 4pm

Should be a huge crowd and a great atmosphere in Croker next Sunday. Four teams with great support could bring a full house or very near to it, especially as it’s a holiday weekend. It will be a huge day out for Galway, Roscommon and Cavan supporters, all of whom have waited a long time for a return to success.
Get your tickets early for this one!

Oh God - look at the date for this one. I just hope we can keep the score respectable. We are the laughing stock of all outside Dublin at this stage. The last thing we need is a hiding heading into a tough Leinster campaign.

split Monaghan in 2!

If you look at yesterday we were down the glue for the front 6 in Ciaran Kilkenny, the glue for the back 6 in Jonny, the pilot - Clucko and one of our main engines (MDMA) for 45 mins.

Comerford did really well. I like the look of Murchan. Yeah, we missed Jonny & Kilkenny

Brian Howard looks good. I think he can play that O’Sullivan role

Not a bad option , and he can score !

Should be a great occasion, and no Mayo or Kerry in sight thanks be to jaysus, I hope I’m not eating my words but it’s great to get a break for all the shite-hawkery that goes on around games against those two.

Did you not see the shite-hawkery last weekend? Rest assured the assault will continue unabated should the slightest triviality occur at the hands of a Sky Blue monster next Sunday …

Assuming no Mannion here’s my starting XV …

Cluxton

Fitz
Jonny
Davy Byrne

J Small
James
Scully

Fenton
MDMA

C Kilkenny
B Howard
Paddy A

Cormac
Dean
Basquel

No Connolly?

I mainly meant the hype and media etc. Don’t think you ever really get that with Galway footballers, for example.

Who?

Think all but Costello for me. I think Sunday was his day to shine or stake a claim but not sure Jim would be to impressed be him. Fact he took him off as well is not a great sign. Maybe he tired I don’t know

First start in yonks in fairness. He should be given a little more time … many other forwards have been given so so many opportunities …

Al - plenty of negative sh1te around first Galway match - sure didn’t we drag them all down at the end … again. Just because it’s not Kerry or Mayo doesn’t mean the crusade will abate in any way.

No I 100 percent agree with you he has been out for a long time and does need time,I am just not sure I want to give him that time in a league final. I will happily eat my words sunday if he plays and shoots the lights out

There are going to plenty of games in Leinster with a little less at stake to give him the time to find his form. But he certainly has the ability to be a match winner for us as proven before

Was Costello not playing out around centre forward? Thought it was unusual enough for him and he’s much better closer to goal.

He was taken off on close to 60 min, I wouldn’t be too concerned about that if I was Costello.

I thought he did well actually. He was on a lot of ball and he tried taking his man on with most of it. Players like that will always turn over a bit of ball, but when they get past they will create havoc.

In my opinion Costello is the best minor we have had in my lifetime. He was nearly as dominant in 2012 as Clifford was last year, and he was hurling as well. He has been hugely hampered with injuries, but he seems to have gained a lot of muscle now and should be less injury prone.

It could take him six months of regular playing to get up to speed, but it could be very good when he does.

J[quote=“DUB09, post:10, topic:3279, full:true”]
Assuming no Mannion here’s my starting XV …

Cluxton

Fitz
Jonny
Davy Byrne

J Small
James
Scully

Fenton
MDMA

C Kilkenny
B Howard
Paddy A

Cormac
Dean
Basquel
[/quote]

Yes, that would be it for me too. Although I am not sure Jonny is up to it at this level (only joking :grinning:).

Although Mannions hamstring would be worse then it looked if he wasn’t ready for this. I assumed it was on of those three week things, stretched out a bit because the games weren’t important. If he is not ready, it means it was relatively serious.

If they are the forwards, all bar Rock are under 24 I think.

Online media (Balls, Sports Joe, The 42 etc)

This could well be another cagey low scoring game, with a tactical masterclass from Galway . I can’t imagine Galway will change their system drastically in two weeks. I despair at the thought of this, since I thought we put this to bed against Tyrone last year, and it’s depressing to see teams aping a system that is no longer viable come summer

I do expect Galway to evolve their game over the summer, but alas, this weekend is too early. Hopefully we get a goal early on and draw them out a bit. I expect Philly to pick up Comer, which should be interesting,