National Football League 2019

I see jack o Connor has ruled himself out of kerry job.
Cute hoor obviously seen the final and reckoned kerry have a massive rebuilding job to get near Dublin

McStay has retired from intercounty management, as @TheParish said to me earlier, back to the handy number of The Sunday Game.

In fairness, he’s put in a good stint at IC mgmt…more than most of the SG “experts”… I’d say he looked ahead and saw the thankless task ahead.

I think that’s going to become a common theme…IC managers and players happy to try it for few years but realizing that life’s too short for it

Tough start to da league that. If we lose up in Monaghan then victory against Galway essential with Kerry away following on.

Eh.we dont do losing :wink:

Booked killarney this morn.Now to check it doesn’t clash with a confirmation.:fearful:

Eh. We lost to the Farney at ‘home’ in our league game in March/April

confirmations not normally midweek and communions at weekends more towards may time ?

Tks hopefully right

Is that game not in Tralee?

Yes tralee …I prefer killarney as a base.

Gonna head for sligeach …8 of us going nfl for a different weekend away …always great.At d end of d day their all my counties or as John mullane says …me…if you can …get to them all and enjoy.

Monaghan tough one away. Gavin will give some new faces a look in this League i’m sure. Rest a few of the older lads.
Tyrone will be a tough one. I expect victories from the rest. Roscommon and Cavan will struggle to stay up i think.
Comerford will start the League I think. Mick Fitzsimons David Byrne Eric Lowndes Eoin Murchan Darren Daly will all start in the backs. Would like to see Cian Murphy get a run at wing back. Good attacking player and can defend too. Cillian O’Shea maybe in the Corner back spot.

Howard at midfield. Maybe Emmet O’Conghaile. Not a lot of midfielders there. Had hopes for Shane Carthy from Mearnog but it seems he has faded away. Injuries hasn’t helped.

Cormac Costello Con O’Callaghan Niall Scully Colm Basquel Paddy Small will all be there. Stephen Smith possibly Dan O’Brien. James Doran from the u20s another prospect.

I would like to see something like

1 Evan Comerford

2 Cillian O’Shea 3 Mick Fitzsimons 4 Eoin Murchan

5 Eric Lowndes 6 Johnny Cooper 7 Cian Murphy

8 Brian Fenton 9 Brian Howard

10 Niall Scully 11 Con O’Callaghan 12 Cormac Costello

13 Colm Basquel 14 Paul Mannion 15 Paddy Small

16 JB Carthy 17 James McCarthy 18 Dean Rock 19 Jack McCaffrey
20 John Small 21 Ciaran Kilkenny 22 Bernard Brogan 23 Emmet O’Conghaile
24 Stephen Smith.

Rest: Cluxton Cian O’Sullivan McMahon MacAuley.

Paul Flynn Paddy Andrews Eoghan O’Gara Kevin McManamon Darren Daly David Byrne of course as well.

Why would you rest David Byrne? He needs games. JB Carthy is not even first choice keeper for Judes. Would rest Fenton,Cooper,McCarthy and Con for first 3/4 games as well. Agree need to start looking at other options around the middle. Hopefully Darren Gavin and maybe Andy Foley get a a couple games. Is Aaron Elliott worth looking at?

I’d like to see us apply to have two teams in Division 1. It would give everybody a run and an All Dublin Final in April would be a bit of craic. I might even cheer for the B team.

i would be giving serious rest to a lot of players after this year and treat phase one of the league as a continuation of the o’byrne cup. after the week break start filtering back lads. I’d be playing the likes of flynn and brogan from day one though.

Agreed. How about O’Hanlon the u20 keeper is he worth looking at. would love the idea of having 2 teams.

Don’t tell Spewen :joy::joy:

David Byrne barely played in the championship this year. I’m sure he’d be chomping at the bit to start in the league games next year.