National Football League 2017

The 2016 Championship has yet to finish, but planning for the road trips for the league can commence. Dublin will be on the road in four of their seven group games, with trips to Kerry, Donegal and Monaghan. But to start the campaign, a trip to Cavan in the first weekend in February will help blow off the winter cobwebs.

NFL Div 1 2017

Breffni Park on a cold wet Saturday afternoon, Its been a while …

Can’t wait Liamo. Sat night hopefully - goin booking hotels next week for it

Once the AI is out of the way you get a longing for the league. I love this competition since the winter games have gone, as the games are way better level than the Leinster Championship. Would love to see a few new faces next year.

Reading that banty is been lined up for cavan job , expect loads of " not fair us cavan lads up against full time professionals but We’ll do our best anyway " can’t believe it will nine years next year since we played them in league up there , horrible night , saeanie Johnson playing for them and mark Vaughan kicking frees for fun.

Can they stop us hitting the 30 unbeaten mark?? I hope not!

Going to say it now, I hope to God this is used to blood new players and rest some like paul Flynn etc. Dot give a rats about it but would like to see players progress.

I’d be happy if we didn’t even qualify for the semis if it meant we gave 4 to 5 guys a run out on a regular basis . Though 5 in a row has a nice ring to it . Thing is if we don’t win it or lose a semi or final the likes of Mayo or Kerry will think they are in with a great shout for the AI . I’d imagine the usual guys will reemerge by the semis if we get there .
Cavan , Donegal , Kerry & Monaghan away . Some tasty fixtures there .

No semis next year - top 2 straight into final.

Oh well that’s actually better !

Hopefully Cormac Costello will get a full League run now of 7 matches - form, injury and suspension allowing!! I think he is probably the most natural player in the squad after DC and if he can get to that level consistently it would be some boost for next year.

Would also like to see the likes of Savage, Darren Daly, Lowndes, McDaid, Emmet, Carthys, O’Gara, O’Callaghan and McHugh play most of the League rounds.

Cavan first up with new manager, anyone know anything about him? Style of play, attitude to games. Etc.

The game in Kerry has been fixed for Saturday 18th March in Tralee. Hotels already booked in Killarney :sleepy:

Lovely. Prefer Tralee to Killarney. :sunglasses:

We definitely need to give somebody a run in Midfield beside Fenton in the League. That should be our aim.

Start looking at alternative keepers also. Even do Cluxton if he wants could probably play another 5 years. Supple best I have seen so far but wont be a number 2, Comerford from the Mun but still very young and than probably Savage.

Are you sure about that Section 305 ,my understanding is the game is in killarney on Sunday the 19th

It’s on a master fixture list thread on It’s official gaa list. Some Saturday double headers hurling/football too

“McGleenan has confirmed that David Givney, Cian Mackey, Fergal Flanagan and Eugene Keating will not be part of his squad next season.”

Massive blow for Cavan, especially Mackey I’d consider him Cavans best player.

Huge task ahead for them to retain Div 1 status with those 4 walking away

Judging by Sean Cavanagh’s quotes in this article. Tyrone are already on a big head start for next year. A bit crazy for Cavanagh to be doing all that training at this time of year.

“> Everybody keeps telling me we’re in the off-season. Last week I was training with Tyrone Tuesday and Thursday, I was in the gym with Tyrone on Wednesday, in the gym with the Moy on Friday and doing my own stuff. And I did a couple of things at the weekend as well, forest park runs and things"