Muhammad Ali RIP

So the most iconic sportsman of them all, Muhammad Ali has passed away, RIP.

He was a true sporting legend who transcended sport and became a global figure.

He was intelligent, controversial, witty, brave - and had more than a little boxing skill.

Cassius Clay was charismatic and earned the love and respect of people all over the globe. May he rest in peace.

The Greatest . RIP .

The word the greatest is often thrown around lightly, but even though I am not a boxing fan, this man was truely the Greatest. I think every kid of my age shadow boxed in front of the mirror trying to do the Ali shuffle. A prime sportsman , an entertainer , a civil rights leader not only in words but also in actions and a true gent. RIP

The greatest boxer there ever was, but also one of the greatest men. He did so much for some amazing causes.

It’s probably for the best that he’s finally been allowed move on. It was upsetting to see someone like him having to live out the end of their days in such pain and to see one of the greatest communicators sport has ever seen unable to communicate.

The greatest there is,
The greatest there was,
The greatest there ever will be.
RIP Muhammad Ali.

RIP Muhammad Ali

"I would like to be remembered as a man who won the heavyweight title three times, who was humorous and who treated everyone right. As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him…who stood up for his beliefs…who tried to unite all humankind through faith and love.
“And if all that’s too much, then I guess I’d settle for being remembered only as a great boxer who became a leader and a champion of his people. And I wouldn’t even mind if folks forgot how pretty I was.”

One of my heroes gone, for me, he was the greatest!

I’m old enough to remember lots of things, alas, Ali in his prime, is not one of them. I do recall, however, his fights toward the end of his career against Larry Holmes and being devastated at Ali’s loss. That he was still challenging as impressive a champ that Holmes was, 7 - 10 years after his own prime, says enough about Ali the boxer, competitor and entertainer. No words can sum up his impact on the world in general, in his lifetime, however.

RIP The Greatest.

One of, if not the greatest sportsmen of all time. RIP