Minor & U17 Hurling Championships 2017

Kilkenny beat this wex team by 10 points, which we should also have done. So we are maybe not so far away. But the form book at minor is unreadable really, strange results happen every year.

But the most important thing is that we are at that level every year, and these days we usually are.

Agree with your second statement completely,

Re; Your first. The issue with this team seems to be in the forwards. If we can tackle that and play for sixty minutes we have a chance. But from the two games I’ve seen I’m not sure we can.

Jesus. KK 6-21 Laois 0-9.

Oh boy.

I hate sounding negative but I fear for this team. Very few lads stand out as ball winners and our forwards looked like they weren’t really sure what they were at. The only player on the pitch that could catch the ball was the Wexford no7 who they had to put to full forward. Some good individual performances. Yes we should have won by 8 points, the ref was abject, as were Wexford.

Who was the ref??

Not on match programme.

Well done to all involved. Looks like we will be very much up against it in the final but it promises us another 2 games minimum.

Keeps us ahead of wexford anyway. Another idle summer for them. Kilkenny were brilliant at schools level these past few years.

Mick Murtagh from Westmeath - stocky, bald sham. Did Minor final v KK a couple of years back and Walsh Cup V Carlow this year - he sent Rushe off near end of that game.

Agree with Alan re unevenness of performance - though there is a high skill level throughout the team. Sometimes, though, we can overdo the ‘nice’ stuff a bit and turnover possession/concede frees more than we ought to. Among the forwards Davy Keogh had a fine game - as did Liam Murphy in the corner and Mark Grogan at wing-forward (though named at number 7). Luke Walsh at CHB gave a classy performance.

Against Laois Oisin Bennet at FF caused problems but faded in the last third after picking up a knock; Jack Cullen, the number 7 mentioned in Alan’s post above was also a handful for our FB line.A KK side containing Adrian Mullen, who nearly beat us on his own in Parnell last year, will clearly be a different proposition to WX and Laois.,

Mullen and donnelly were the only 2 kk forwards to score last year.mullen is some player also niall brassil.should be a good final with both teams having a good chance 2 go further as tipp play cork in munster(so 1 will go out).decent kk team this year .much better than ladt years.

KK beat Laois by 30 points. We beat them by 3. I’d be very worried.

Scores mean nothing at minor.laois had a man sent offearly 2nd half and we only beat wex by 10.however I do think this team is decent.see you are playing 17s at minor.walsh grogan and lee from whitehall.lee was with minor footballers at the start of the year.

We were well ahead with 10 mins left, Wexford managed to make the score line more respectable

DUBLIN: C O’Donoghue; T Glynn, B McHugh, A Dunphy; M Grogan (0-1), L Walsh, L Gannon; B Coffey, D Ó Floinn (0-2); E O’Neill, E Allen, D Keogh (0-1); L Murphy (0-4), K Desmond, S Currie (0-12, seven frees).

Subs: J Byrne for Desmond (half-time), M Murphy for Ó Floinn (48 mins), S Lambe for Allen (51 mins), E O’Donnell for Keogh (62 mins).

I think people are being very negative here. The shortcomings have been well documented but we played serious hurling at times today. Sean Curry got 5 points from play , Liam Murphy got 4. Mark Grogan, Ben Coffey, Lee Gannon had excellent games. There is lots to work on but we are in an ideal place coming into a Leinster Final.

When are the u17s out again?

Welcome to res dubs. The u21 footballer were criticised and written off all the way to the Donegal game. :grin:

Next saturday your at home to wexford.kk awsy to offaly on sunday next.

We beat Wexford and Laois by a goal each. KK beat Wex by 13 and Laois by 30. Saying we are up against it is not being negative. It’s a fact. Ardscoil had five players on the pitch at the end of the game yesterday. Great young lads all and good hurlers. Nothing would give me more enjoyment than seeing them win a Leinster title. But we are big underdogs. We need a perfect sixty minutes vs KK to have a chance. That’s a huge ask of minors. Nonetheless I’ll be there cheering them on.

That game is at 1 p.m. I think the minor football is after it at 3.

Big improvement from the Laois game where there was alot of jitters as it was the fiirst day out for all. Should have won yesterday by alot more 8pts at least. Scoring goals could be a problem. The score flattered Wexford though. Sure they are underdogs but not big underdogs! They won’t fear KK. Still room for improvement. They have nothing to lose. A great place to be.