Minor Club Hurling 2018

If it did it would be a first. And the nonsense about not clashing with adult games makes no sense. They’ll clash with adult games every Sunday from then on. Could well be Electric Picnic. It’s certainly has created issues in the past.

It makes huge sense. Many teams in the lower leagues depend on minor players (2nd year) in order to field. The fact that afternoon games (AHL7,8 &9) have to be moved to the morning because of the All Ireland final made the problem worse. That and not having enough hurling referees for all the adult and minor matches at the same time was the reason for the decision. I would safely think that most, if not all, of the members of CCC were unaware of Electric Picnic but maybe that’s an age thing!

It’s never happened before though. Teams usually play at the same time.

There are two things here; All AHL 5 to 9 games and all Minor Hurling Championship were to have been played at more or less the same time. That caused a problem for many teams using young players .The availability of Referees who referee hurling games, A lot of Refs only take charge of football games.
If it was an adult football and minor hurling or vice versa weekend the minor games would have gone ahead. From September 9th onwards the problem doesn’t arise.

Anyone have a copy of all fixtures or were just the first round sent out

Just first round sent out as far as I know

Makes sense all right but this probably should of been addressed weeks ago if Dublin made the final. Only last week clubs were told minor hurling champ goes ahead on sept 2nd at 1030am along with the junior hurling fixtures. Should be no matches on the day of the football final in my opinion anyways so I think it’s a good move.

A-D championship fixtures for the weekend

Big wins for Crokes and Boden yesterday in the A. Vinnies beat Na Fianna and Cuala and Lucan drew.

Was at the B match between Castleknock and Isles. Neither Swan or Murray played @Southdublin Which is a very good thing for Isles as Castleknock scored 6 goals without them so I could only imagine what they would have gotten with them two playing

Swan didn’t play under 16 on Saturday either. Murray did, very quiet, natural hurler though.

Crokes look the real deal

That’s a bad beating they handed out. Good win for Vins away. Have Crokes and Whitehall at home now so hopefully will qualify.

Crokes and Boden be favourites? Whod be the standout players on those teams?

Excellent result for isles, didn’t see that coming. Raheny beat Brigids well too which was a bit surprising

Serious talent in that squad. They could take off entire full forward line at half time and replace them with 3 dublin players.

And they are fielding 3 teams this year too

Crazy that - must be favorites as they won back to back under 16 championships with that squad I believe although championship is always a bit of an unknown beast
my money on a Boden V Crokes final
Vincent’s decent team also so who knows

Fixtures for the weekend

Good game between Vins and Crokes. Crokes by four. Got as close as a point midway through the second after being six down at half time but couldn’t finish the chase. Game dominated by the wind and a very uneven reffing performance. Would like to think we can take Whitehall on what’ll be a winner take all game. But you never know. Good standard this year.

Lucan 1.16 Boden 1.20