Minor Club Hurling 2018

No way? Div 2 Whitehall we’re unlucky last year and just beaten by 3 points in the semi by the eventual winners na fianna who beat crokes well in the final. To win a div 2 league and prefer to stay in the B to me is wrong, I would question some clubs ambition to compete at the highest grade. For the future development of players in the county should we not have as many playing at the highest level underage.

Any word on when the draws for the minor championships take place?

“In due course” . Probably a week before it starts!

Yes for the overall county, but the thinking of some/a lot/most (take ur pic) is, take Whitehall’s example, loosing a semi final to the eventual winners doesn’t put your name on the trophy and that is all that some/a lot/most care about, hence why they drop!

Well Lucan and Whitehall have gone up to A when they could of settled for B. As did 4 teams in the football when they could of taken the easier option in the B. I think the majority of clubs want their teams in the highest grades once they can compete. Time will tell anyways, hopefully I’m proved wrong.

Hence why i said some or a lot etc… i wish more took this approach and not just for county development but their own long term clubs sake…

Also, not sure unknown or already posted, first round of MHC is scheduled for 2nd September as per CCC fixture email yesterday. No actually fixtures, just mentions it’s actually starting

Ye I think there was rounds of matches last two years on all Ireland final day.

Still no white smoke on fixtures for this?

Draws will be issued on Wednesday August 22nd

Who are Ros Lusca and Thomas Clarke Gaels?

Maurs/RT Lusk are Ros Lusca
Parnells / OTooles are Thomas Clarke Gaels

Anyone know if it is the same story as last year with shield competitions if you do not qualify from the group?