Minor Club Hurling 2018

I blame the demise of Craobh Chiaran.

The Cronins.

the demise of clubs which were highly successful as recent as this never crops up in the external criticisms of Dublin GAA being a unstoppable machine

I don’t know if you are being serious here saying Craobh are in demise?

I was leg-pulling (and about them being anything-but-posh).
But they are NOT the force they once wear.

Amigo, one year David’s were a mixture of the Craobh, Parnells & Setanta. They competed in div. 1 and A championship.
When Jimmy O Grady was still there, Parnells/Setanta won the C championship & a lot of those still play for their respective 1st team in their clubs.

Good stuff. The only time I ever seen a St Davids was an U21 hurling match a few years ago.

Hopefully all clubs will be soon enough have enough players at minor level but good to see lads getting games at this age with whoever they can. You’d feel sorry for an u17 whose club do not have a minor team and that lad unable to play for an adult team.

mentors that merge as such deserve great credit as most within thier home clubs would be derisory of not fielding on their own

Thanks for that Rightofway.
What year were Davids a mixture of the 3 clubs?

Craobh and Setanta are amalgamated as Cu Chuillin this year

2010/2011, as far as I remember. As many as 3 of ours still play on our first team, also the lads that won championship in Parnell colours, out of about 8 probably 5 on our first time. We have been hugely lucky, where we are with such a small choice of players. Liam s minors were 15/16/17/18 year olds. They also forfeited 2 minor championships, so as our inters won the intermediate & the B championship runner-up the following year. Yeah, a great group of young lads & great craic too. I read some posts on res dubs about Setanta, but I tell you don’t know the half of it. “The best little club in the country”

Dissapointing to see the leagues revised again this year after 2 rounds and all matches already played declared null and void. This is clearly from a poorly managed committee deciding to change the format of 1,2,3,4,5 to 1, 2, dublin south, Dublin City and dublin north. This led to one sided games in those 3 district leagues. From my understanding a few clubs sent in
Submissions with their concerns before a ball was pucked but they were ignored. Very disheartening for clubs in div 2 who had wins under their belt. It also means less games for the majority of teams. Div 2 teams will now play 3 games less in the new north/south divisions. Do we ever learn anything at the structuring of minor hurling leagues???

They restructure the leagues last year aswell having already played 1 if not 2 matches.

Has anyone the new leagues available to post

Ridiculous once again.
County board were asked not to go ahead with leagues and the answer came back that leagues are final and wont be changed.

Clontarf had 2 teams in div 3.
1 team won by a hammering and the other lost by a hammering.

Revised fuxtures for this weekend.

Minor Hurling League Division Two South (Revised) Bray Emmets 11:00 Bray Emmets v Castleknock
Minor Hurling League Division Two South (Revised) 12th Lock 11:00 Lucan Sarsfields v Naomh Olaf
Minor Hurling League Division Two South (Revised) Russell Park 11:00 St Brigids v Thomas Davis
MinorHurling League Division Two North (Revised) St Annes Park 11:00 Clontarf v Erins Isle
MinorHurling League Division Two North (Revised) Pairc Barrog 11:00 Naomh Barrog v Naomh Mearnog
MinorHurling League Division Two North (Revised) Broomfield 11:00 St Sylvesters v Thomas Clarke Gaels
Minor Hurling League Division Three (Revised) Sancta Maria 11:00 Ballyboden St Endas v Crumlin
Minor Hurling League Division Three (Revised) Shanganagh Park 11:00 Cuala v Faughs
Minor Hurling League Division Three (Revised) Lawless Park 11:00 Fingallians v Kevins
Minor Hurling League Division Three (Revised) Silver Park 11:00 Kilmacud Crokes v Na Fianna
Minor Hurling League Division Three (Revised) Clonshaugh 11:00 Cu Chuaillainn v Ros Lusca
Minor Hurling League Division Four North (Revised) St Annes Park 11:00 Clontarf v Erins Isle
Minor Hurling League Division Four North (Revised) Skerries 11:00 Skerries Harps v St Brigids
Minor Hurling League Division Four North (Revised) Blakestown 11:00 St Peregrines v St Sylvesters
Minor Hurling League Division Four North (Revised) Pairc Na Uinsionn 11:00 St Vincents v Whitehall Colmcille
Minor Hurling League Division Four South (Revised) Somerton Park 11:00 Castleknock v Clanna Gael-Fontenoy
Minor Hurling League Division Four South (Revised) Silver Park 11:00 Kilmacud Crokes v Lucan Sarsfields
Minor Hurling League Division Four South (Revised) Pope John Paul ll Park 11:00 Naomh Fionnbarra v Round Towers ©
Minor Hurling League Division Four South (Revised) Bye 11:00 Bye v Western Gaels

The whole thing is a shambles again

A shambles yes, but better late than never.

Western Gaels a combination of St. Marks & St. Pats § was apparently agreed with the Co. Board before the season started, only for the leagues to be issued with both teams in the same league.

But as I said, better late than never, at least this means lads at the lower levels get competitive games, that will hopefully keep them hurling. Which ultimately is what it’s about.

So they games previously played don’t count. Does that include suspensions

Div 2 shouldn’t have been touched like div1. The top 3 teams in the 3 lower leagues could have formed a new div 3 as these requested div 3 in the beginning. Castlenock and lucan had two good wins but now have to start again as Thomas Davis had a good win over brigids at home two weeks ago now have to travel to brigids this Sunday to play again, a div 2 win is big for teams like Thomas Davis trying to make the step up at minor . It makes a mockery of the whole league. Clubs are doing there best to try promote hurling and get lads up but with 6/7 league games and void matches it’s very hard. Anyone involved in minor club hurling in dublin for a number of years could see the district leagues were a total miss match from the day they were announced . For example How could Erin’s isles Bs compete with Clontarf and Syls. I find it hard to understand how DCB sanctioned these leagues.