MetroLink / Na Fianna

Fair play Liamo.

Yeah, was down at the Juvenile mentors meeting in Na fianna a couple of weeks ago. Logistical nightmare is putting it lightly trying to beg and borrow pitches all over the place for games and training.

There will be no need for any more Juvenile mentors meetings if this goes ahead … :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

As far as i know they did have a societal element to their remit, but their way around it was to allow a private company handle the sale of certain tracts of land, including the Spawell site, and the private vendor was obliged to take the highest price offered and could not take any potential social uses into account as that wasn’t part of the remit as they were solely a selling agent.

No @spanner - over time they moved from individual to portfolio sales as they found them more expedient. But the original remit never changed - so societal considerations / social capital were never a factor.

http://www.clgnafianna.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Na_Fianna_Submission_LR.pdf

Now that’s how you out in an objection. Well done to the members of NF who put that togeather, hopefully the fight they’re putting up will have a positive effect on the club.

impressive stuff. what’s the latest on this?

Only seeing the objection document now. Fair play to all involved, it could become the template for similar objection in the future.

Excellent work.

Noel rock deserves all the credit apparently. That is according to the mans latest pamphlet, giving himself praise . The bellend.

A part of methinks that the only reason the plan went for Na Fianna was so Noel Rock could successfully get it overturned. I’m that cynical

Is Rock stuck between Na Fianna and a hard place?

I heard an alternate route has been proposed which goes through Vins and they have no problem with it.

Na Fianna and Home Farm and local community were perfectly entitled to resist this,

People should perhaps read Project 2040 or just the executive summary. It is recipe for turning Dublin into low wage Paris Banlieu, Except, like Paris, most of them won’t be working.

The days of leafy Mohbi Road are numbered.

Yer digging a big hole there.

Ah, Ballymun Glasnevin North isn’t that bad.

Good news. Hopefully sense will prevail on other grounds in Dublin.

Delighted. Mobilising the troops and the campaign that your club and the 2 schools undertook, was brilliantly run. Kudos to you all for it. The club and schools were informed at the start of summer though that it wasn’t happening, so I wonder why it’s only filtering through now?!?

Brusied egos in the NTA. Believe me they take things very personel.

Ehhhh … hmmm … let me just consider that for a moment … ■■■■ THEM!