Marching On Together - The Leeds Thread

Many many many moons ago there was a jingle that went ‘it’s the Burmah Petrol All Ireland’ early 70s perhaps! Anyone recall??

True , think the German model with fans having a stake is a good one. I know not all German clubs do and some including Bayern want that to change. Fans are the only people loyal to the clubs and they should have a stake in it.

Best get you down to Bohs so. 100 percent fan owned since our inception in 1890. Best way to run a club

You have had more than one scrap with bankruptcy no? I m a pats man so thanks but I m spoken for.

We have. Was reckless behaviour on our part but we were sitting on asset signed off in a deal worth 60 million. Crash came too soon for us unfortunately. But point taken. We don’t all have Kellehers looking after us unfortunately :wink:

Leeds have confirmed Marcelo Bielsa as their new head coach on a two-year deal with an option to extend for a further year.

Will be interesting to see how long Radrizzani gives him and more importantly, how much transfer funds!!

Indeed. More like on a two-month deal with an option to extend for a further month.

More likely a two season deal. Summer and Autumn…

This will be interesting. Kick and rush get stuck in no nonsense Yorkshire v 3 day tactical let’s think it through over and over and complicate it bielsa. His teams pick up injuries and fade away due to the energy levels required to play his type of game. Has anyone told him they play 46 games a season. Leeds players should just bring their sleeping bags to training.

Now we know the reason behind Leeds post-season tour of Myanmar … It’s just been announced that Leeds Chairman, Andrea Radrizzani’s Eleven Sports have secured a nine-year global deal for the TV rights of the Myanmar National Football League.

Can’t wait to take out my subscription :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Paul Madeley RIP

Ah that’s sad - Reaney and Madeley - the two Pauls. Madeley was a very wealthy businessman. HIs family had a large DIY business which they sold for a lot of money many moons ago.

RIP.

A great player from a golden era of the club.

RIP

Very sorry to hear it. One of the Revie greats and I always felt was underrated due to his versatility. May He Rest In Peace.

Leeds games on Sky TV, some dates for your diary …

Leeds v Stoke 5 Aug @ 4.30
Derby v Leeds 11 Aug @ 5.30
Swansea v Leeds 21 Aug @ 7.45
Leeds v Middlesboro 31 Aug @ 7.45
Sheff Wed v Leeds 28 Sept @ 7.45

It will be a case of recording the first couple of games

5 Leeds games in one month on the box?

Opps Wed game should be September

Great start to the season. Crowd of over 34,000 - raucous atmosphere - excellent result and playing some lovely football, against the favourites for the league. Very early days of course and I have to say the one thing that struck me was how small some of our players looked against the opposition. I’m already thinking about how our light skillful players may come unstuck - or is that stuck - on the heavier pitches, with a relatively small (in terms of numbers) squad.

Another tough one next week, against “Frank Lampard’s Derby County”. Will be interesting to see if we can continue from where we left off on Saturday.

On the subject of TV coverage, I note that all Leeds matches that are played midweek will be available live via the red button (as it will be for all other clubs).

We’ve got Steve McClaren. If I’m watching at all it will be through my fingers in horror. With an umbrella.

Thanks Rufus, didn’t know that.

Agree with your comments on the Stoke game, they looked quite impressive but some of them do look small.

The pressing game looked good but how it’ll work on heavy pitches during the winter months remains to be seen. You’d also think to play such a style you’d need to rest the players regularly thereby needing a large squad.

Only time will tell but a good start!