League of Ireland

Do the clubs promote themselves in the schools? Never hear of bohs coming up to Glasnevin/ finglas/ d11 area to promote the club. If clubs get kids as fans early you may have a fan for life.

Absolutely we do. The Bohemian Foundation is very active in schools and promoting to the club and working with the community. I went to primary school in St Vincents Glasnevin and every home game tickets were dropped im where a paying adult could bring 3 kids for free. Was a great incentive. Players such as Shane Supple and Oscar Brennan are always visiting schools and youth clubs. Every home game you see 4 full youth teams from the are playing at HT and all them receive free entry. Trust me we’re doing all we can. People take time off work to promote the club

Just some of the recent stuff the foundation has done. We also had a marketing drive where we teamed up with Dublin Bus and had adverts about the club on bus stops all over the D1 D7 D11 and D15 areas. The junior gypsies season ticket is the best value I’ve ever seen. 20 euro a year gets you into every game with your very own season ticket which the kids love having with their names on it, a Bohs goody bag which includes a Bohs schoolbag, pencil case, panini book and stickers of Bohs players.

We’d love to be in schools in every day marketing the club but thats just not possible but in the last 12 months alone Bohs have had some level of involvement in at least a dozen schools around the area.

Everytime we win a trophy, which sadly hasn’t happened in a few years, all the schools in the catchment areas are visited.

We’ve won awards for efforts in promoting the club and working in the community including winning a grant of UEFA to help further market the club called the more thana club a grant.

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=11891

Bohemian FC President Chris Brien said: “We are proud of what we do in the area.

“We have been involved with the northside community for 128 years and as a members-owned club, we are very aware of our responsibilities to that community.

“The Bohemian Foundation has carried out a lot of work with minimal resources in terms of finance and people.

“We’ve carried out weekly walking football sessions in Cabra with children with autism and adults with mental health issues, we have walking football in Ballymun for unemployed and retired people.

“In Mountjoy Prison, we run football coaching and competitions as well as comedy workshops with the prisoners. We’ve also run the comedy workshops for homeless people with Focus Ireland.

“We visit schools regularly to advise children of healthy eating habits among other things.

“We don’t do this to feel good about ourselves. We as a club are in and of the north Dublin community and we have a duty to contribute to that community.

“We have a duty to help improve the situations of those people living in the area from which we garner our support.

“We hope that this partnership will allow us to move to another level so we can expand and build upon the work we’ve already been doing.”

I believe you.

Was down in Skerries earlier for lunch, and about 10 or 11 of what I presume were Bohs players (in Bohs tracksuits) came in for lunch. I imagine they were out at the funeral of that young kid from Skerries who died last week, and was a huge Bohs fan. Nice touch from the club.

Yeah thats exactly what that was. Tragic situation. Little Oran was an inspirational young man. Never met a kid so unfortunate but so positive and upbeat. Fantastic outlook on life. His pinned tweet on his twitter feed was “I’m not here for a long time, I’m here for a good time”. Will be sorely missed around the place

Another big win for Bohs. Almost near the point of been mathematically safe . Think 6 games left & 13 clear of Limerick .

That’s a super win, had a terrible record against them and now the cup game coming up too

Incredible win. We never get anything off Derry especially up there. You’d almost think somebody was looking down on us tonight. Couldn’t make it up tonight but looking at the pictures and videos from the minutes applause and the banners the players held up after the match has me very emotional. A proper family this club. That one was for you Oran

Fair play to the lads for making the banners.

1 up on Cork :eyes:

2 nil :astonished:

Yeeeeowwwwwww

3-0 Bohs

Only 29 mins gone

Great finish

Unbelievable stuff… So far!

3-1

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaallllllllll

4-1 Bohs