Is every club created equally in the eyes of Croke Park?

South inner city just like Faughs and Kevin’s. Can’t be 100% sure but I don’t think Commercials did underage until they moved to Rathcoole. Kevin’s have had underage teams since they were formed by locals in the area, so there was more of a connection.

The all-weather area will be a far smaller space than the pitch they are removing which is already too small for the Kevin’s nursery who use the areas around the main senior pitch (also to be removed). When you add the TSS nursery (and the teams that will grow out of it) there won’t be enough room on Saturday mornings for the young kids aged 7-12 to play matches in a yr or 2 … that’s ok if your underage base is mainly in Terenure / Templeogue where there is access to VEC and Bushy. Then move them down to floodlighted area which is suitable for teenagers and adults etc. I have learnt as a parent that kids need to go to bed earlier than teenagers and adults :weary:

Commercials played out of phoenix park until 1970, only did juvenile hurling from 1980s onwards.

My original point is if kevins are from south inner city how come theyve never had their own grounds, not talking about gettings grounds now as cost prohibitive but since their foundation no grounds or use of school or church pitches. It not a case of equality but failing to this is really the reason they are where they are.

Synger had no grounds also for years and played up in bohernabreena for soon time. How they ended up owning dolphin park i dont actually know.

What TSS do is a matter for themselves fair play to them when they originally amalgamated i though both clubs could die.

Terenure/templeogue not traditional gaa area so any players from there is bonus. Bastick, Scully, O’Gara and anton O’Toole are 4 bad ones to habe produced over the years. Thought templeogue and faughs would have been a better fit. As far as i know not many hurlers from tss play with kevins so apart from sharing /renting grounds little or no cross over.

My original point is the article is comparing apples and oranges when it compares the Gaa sticking up for Na Fianna at lisk of losing their pitches and Kevins/TSS development.

Yes I understood your point. The lack of a Kevins pitch is not about affordability or effort to acquire something, it’s about lack of available greenspace. It is the worst served area for Greenspace in Dublin. The pitches closest to south inner city are Dolphin Pk and the Phoenix Pk on the north side. There is a pitch in Rathmines owned by the army, but hurling wasn’t allowed. I assume Civil Service acquirer the OPW land in Islandbridge via their Civil Service connections. St Theresa’s Gdns is another option but DCC locked it up about 20 yrs ago. Liffey Gaels whose catchment area overlapped with Kevin’s moves to Ballyfermot to obtain a clubhouse. However, Kevins decided to stay in the inner city as the club membership wanted to serve the area. I assume Paul Rouse used the Na Fianna case as an example as it was very public, as opposed to having a pop at the club itself. There are lots of other examples but they are not as well known. Kevin’s played in the Phoenix Pk originally like Faughs and Commercials, as it was the only pitch close to the south inner city. Then they got use of Synge St schools pitch on the canal, which was subsequently acquired by Dublin City Council for houses. When Synge St school acquired Dolphin Pk in the 40s, Kevin’s had access. But then a Synge St Past Pupils Club was formed … I understand both clubs moved out during the renovation work. Long story short Kevins and Synger had equal access in the 80s but Synger managed to acquire a lease in the early 90s as they were allowed return to Dolphin Pk before Kevins. Synger then used that initial lease to negotiate a longer term lease when the Christian Brothers were assessing their portfolio of land in the early 2000s. The Christian Brothers get a cut of the profits when they sell the land to a private developer in order to improve the facilities that could have been improved years ago when Kevins offered to do it at their own cost … You can draw your own conclusions.