Irish Times - GAA Articles

Last year’s most successful graduate, Niall Scully, played in five of Dublin’s six championship matches, including the All-Ireland final, and started four of them. His energy and hard running were obvious assets at wing forward but some of his finishing could have been better, and this is the aspect of his game that has shown a marked improvement, from 1-6 in 13 appearances last year to 4-11 in the 11 to date this season.

That is some improvement.

That’s something else, Kilkenny’s role and scoring stats have changed likewise i’d say.

Jim is good for giving lads a chance, getting into the team and then developing their game.

Fenton too is scoring more this year. It’s clear Gavin emphasised the need for them all to step up their scoring with Brogan and Connolly not there.

I’m amazed they are odds-on to win tomorrow.

Amazing isn’t it, kerry relying on a few minors who haven’t done anything at u21 level.

Kerry are always favourites. I hope to ■■■■ the farney beat them but the only thing is cranky features will be favourite fir that job if Fitz gets the bullet

This game has so much riding on it. If Kerry lose it’s a huge set-back though they may then have the opportunity to bring through a new broom which will ultimately see real progress. On the other hand of they dig out a win in really tough circumstances it could be the making of their very young team, so there’s a big opportunity in this for them too.

For Monaghan though there’s more at stake, lose this and they are reaching the end of an era, as they will have to beat Galway to have any chance of progress, and even then I think they wouldn’t go further than that. So a really massive game. Can’t wait.

I’ll think I will buy the hard copy of that today. Wipe my arse with Jim’s article and declare there Jim yer full of shit.

I think he wants to be next Dublin coach, Jim for Jim.

Pure jerra last line though

If that happens I’ll be joining you in kiwi land.