Irish Times - GAA Articles

A lot of contradictions in that ciotog … if he’s sick of it and sick of getting paid for what a ghost writer writes how about he stops??? Then we can be fair to him too.

Ah c’mon. If someone was handing you good money every week to tell the same old story would you tell them to get lost? Sports is a fickle business, a few poor results and he could be flying back from China before you know it.

I think he’s a total spoof merchant too btw.

35 years later … haven’t done it yet … :wink:

We need to stop talking about this tool. He’s in China. Rejoice. He loves Donegal so much…he obsesses so much about Gaelic Football…that he fucked off to China to coach soccer. Asia is the only place where he gets to feel big. Ignore him. Kill the thread.

There weakness was panic set in.
Dermo and EOG missed goal chances they’d normally bury. Had either gone in Donegal would have been eviscerated. In fact Jim should donate half his Chinese salary every year to the Dublin GAA as we made his poxy career. It nearly makes me spit typing this.

He’s on 750g . And we made him…Christ on a bike how did it come to this.

Yeah but he has to eat Sweet and Sour pork every night!

Was it Nik Kershaw who wrote Big in Japan? Dub 09, would you write lyrics for Big in China?

His articles are written by Keith duggan- he does an interview with Jim and writes it up as his ghost writer

I’d imagine this is the last summer that the IT will contract him - he is out of the picture and can only watch the games on tv - they probably should have canned him when he got the China contract as it’s the IT credibility that’s been lost here - at least hire someone who gets to watch the games live

Lucky Jim. That’s all. Shown up in that final.

Yep, we showed Kerry what not to do and Jim didn’t have a plan B when faced with his own tactics.

Funny no one ever reminds the smug fucker of that when he is banging on about how to beat Dublin.

Alphaville was what writ it.

Alphaville it was and some strange lyrics too. When you look at some of them they don’t need much changing at all for Jim …

Neon on my naked skin, passing silhouettes
Of strange illuminated mannequins
Shall I stay here at the zoo
Or should I go and change my point of view
For other ugly scenes
You did what you did to me
Now it’s history I see
Things will happen while they can
I will wait here for my man tonight …

I think Carly Simons your so vain is probably suited for Lucky Jim.

But talking about weird lyrics, Dance Halls Days by Chung Wang, they must of been smoking crack when they wrote it.

Indeed … they were cool in Christ, and they danced all night!

Nik Kershaw’s lyric from Wouldn’t it be good? - “The grass is always greener over here” might apply to Jim.

yeah or this

Wouldn’t it be good to be in your shoes
Even if it was for just one day
Wouldn’t it be good if we could wish you away

Lucky Jim gave out about Galway and Monaghan conceding the kickout, some neck on him all the same…