Irish Politics

We’ve had no government here for 2 years as you well know Daller.

Most people couldn’t be arsed.

Is right BD.

And it’s affecting the small things that people notice.

At my local primary school, the GAA fundamentals class was cancelled due to a lack of funding.

Thankfully 2 of the parents help out on a Friday a’noon taking kids. But they had to go access clearance etc and giving up a hour or so.

UUP are missing an own goal by copying all the DUP policies from Brexit to abortion, surely there are liberal Prodestant up there. Atleast nationalist on paper have a choice on social issues between the SDLP and SF.

Edit: well there is one

In fairness to to their previous leader…Mike Nesbitt…he was the most liberal UUP leader.

Described himself and Irish and British, voted remain, and after he resigned, said he was for equal marriage.

But he commited hari kari by saying unionists in certain areas should give their second preference to SDLP as opposed to the DUP. The DUP slaughtered him as a traitor.

The problem is that his successor Robin Swann voted leave and holds similar social views to the DUP. So rather than offer a point of difference - he’s just DUP-light.

DUP-light is a beer?

Or as Ian P once famously described alcohol…the Devil’s buttermilk.

But apart from their views on creationism, dinosaurs, equal marriage, homosexuality, religious tolerance etc…they’re 100%.

Very troubling

No surprise. Same in every country. The rich control the media and dictate the message. They also write the history books. How else would there be such a huge transfer of wealth from the 99% to the 1%? They are criminals but very good at what they do.

Not sure where to put this but terrible news from Donegal tonight suggesting that 4 young Men have been killed in a car crash.

Shocking history of this type of incident in County Donegal.

Terrible stuff four young men gone in such a senseless way. Unfortunately an all to common occurrence in Donegal.

Could we start a Go-Fund me page? My heart bleeds…

A government minister has claimed he and his wife “simply couldn’t afford” a commercial rates bill of more than €15,800 for their pub after a local authority had a judgment registered against their business.

The Fine Gael TD earns €129,854 per annum as a junior minister, and employs his wife Niamh as his secretarial assistant on a State-paid salary of up to €44,726 a year.

I’d be more up for starting a go ■■■■ your self page for that poor unfortunate junior minister.

Clearly, an example of why there are too many TD’s and Senators in Ireland. The man is not fit for parliament, never mind a junior ministry.

If he can’t manage whilst owning a pub and having around €170,000 coming into the house, how does he expect the rest of us to get by? How can he vote for water charges etc for the ordinary folk?

because he is a pox. Like the rest of Fine Gael.

anyone see charlie “blueblood” o’flanagan on primetime last night? the most sickening speel of drivel i’ve heard in a while and i don’t say that lightly.

the derry girls have a debenhams in the background, ever-so-british, and the wee orange lass has a “32 Republic” dubs jersey on. reconciliation??

:grin:
You made me look again!