Irish Independent - GAA Articles

Nice try but no cigar. You have Cavan as 40 times winners but they only won 37 Ulsters. They didn’t win it in 1903;1906 & 1908. Now I better go and do something constructive !

I’m amazed that “lamping a school kid with blackboard duster” or “punching a clown” isn’t on his list.

I obviously lifted that from elsewhere but it is not quite correct - but not far off!! Apparently they have won 39 (including 1903!). The original above is also missing 1922 …

1891, 1903, '04, '05, '15, '18, '19, '20, '22, '23, '24, '25, '26, '28, '31, '32, '33, '34, '35, '36, '37, '39, '40, '41, '42, '43, '44, '45, '47, '48, '49, '52, '54, '55, '62, '64, '67, '69, '97

Im amazed Galvin the cheeky fecker hasn’t name checked Clucko!

What do you call two Cavan men hanging off a washing line?
A pair of tights.

He had some scutter in The Sunday Times at the weekend too.

Totally agree .All will be well in the world when the time comes we aren’t competing . There’ll not be a word said if Kerry begin to dominate again .

BUt what about lucky Jim? What will he write about? Licking his own balls would never be the same again for him

James horan letting us know how it is - I must ask him his opinion on bolivias foreign policy from 1975 - 85 since he knows everything else. Mayo propagandist’s starting to give the KMM a serious run for their money

This is the usual backguarding of our team - the concept again of how it’s only our ability to buy gym hours that wins our titles.

Sure James, sure. Look at the contrast in physique between the Roscommon and Mayo lads on Monday and explain that.

Absolutely. Horan never lets an opportunity pass does he?

The last redoubt of the nasties. Seen people actually saying online “how can Dublin supporters celebrate any of those wins knowing they bought them” and words to that effect.

Quite easily, actually!

Horan should put his baseball cap down over that hole under his nose as opposed to just covering his eyes,

Listen this the odd time… brolly waffling particularly about big Aido but drops this very apt line ‘The Big Man For The Small Occasion’. Talks at length about the Dubs V Tyrone.

says brolly who loved sticking the tongue out at the hill

But the preparation in those days was nothing . Today all teams train like pro athletes with very few any chance of success .

You leave Joe Mc nally alone

A pack of animals… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2011 was a cakewalk Vs Tyrone, albeit a brilliant performance by Dublin. It was 2010 that made all the difference really, winning it the hard way with different tactics against a team that were still very much in the top 3. And we certainly weren’t til after that. Til that happened we were always vulnerable to looking behind us for the boogeyman, especially considering in the 2011 game McQuillan gave Tyrone 36 frees t our 12, and we missed a hatful of sitters for goals.

Always thought that 2010 1/4 was what instilled belief in the team that they could land the big one, massive turning point against a powerhouse of the previous decade.
It’s strange but our performance against Meath that year and a poor enough showing against Wexford in the Leinster championship, that went to extra time, were the only 2 games where we abandoned our game plan, I’ve always wondered did Gilroy think going the qualifier route was the best plan for that team at that particular time.