Irish Examiner - GAA Articles

:grin: :grin: :grin:

What everybody knows, but few will say. Succinctly put in this piece.

It has, sure it wasnt a classic champsionship but look at the dross of the premiership that people watch week on week out for 9 months of the year where the top 4 wealthy clubs finish in the top 4 spots 99% of the time.

its interesting that you can find plenty of articles saying the truth about us when you get away from kerry and mayo infested media

EG - Bitter uses the average age of the team to say “its not cyclical… they’ll add one or two and dominate forebver…ITS NOT FAIR!!!”

the counter argument, naturally enough, is that no team has had as many coming in from a single successful minor/u21 team. they will all age together, that is the very definition of cyclical. Adding one or two players per year? What, like every other team? Again this is the nature of cyclical team bell curves - no promises that those one or two players will be as good as who they replace.

This counter argument has been pointed out, there is the usual no response.

Brilliant Article.

Great piece by David Hickey…

Hickey is always an interesting read or listen.

Even if he got it wrong on the extra time thing on last year. I actually enjoy his attitude.

My favorite Dub ever. Intelligent,Stylish, tough as nails footballer,never took a step back and a great role model. Great decision to bring him on board by Giller. Don’t think his contribution to our successes should be underestimated.

Yeah noticed that . He s fairly critical of Tommy Lyons style. Does nt hold back in his comment.

A man of substance who cuts through the bullshit

Yep. That’s a Raheny man for you :grin:

Flooded 8 months of the year so we will wrap a running track around it and that’s 9 not 4 in a row because we only lost them there games by a couple of points thanks very much and never mention the 25 million spend on facilities, get up the yard!

"Pay them proper expenses. They seem quite happy with that "

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Lovely interview, fair play to Micko, he is himself and full of life. I’ve been critical in the past but I can only admire the man now and what he represents overall. Can look back with great fondness on the rivalry and the days that layed much of the foundations for the great eras that followed since. He and Heffo and their teams were everything that was great and made greatness.

I hope you told them that on the Kerry forum ,
Rashers :wink:

I haven’t posted on the Kerry forum in years. You obviously do though.

Examiner reporting Peter Keane will be new Kerry manager.

Not surprised. There was a fair bit of disquiet at the prospect of the Co Board being blinded by the Maurice Fitz stardust factor & bypassing someone with a proven track record at inter county level & his finger on the pulse of the underage scene. Mo’s passivity on the sideline whilst one of Eamo’s sidekicks didn’t do him any favours either.