International Rules 2017

The International Rules Series between Ireland and Australia will return in 2017 and will return to a two-test format. The GAA and the AFL have also agreed in principle to play a two-Test series back in Ireland in 2019.

Despite the success of one-off tests in Perth in 2014 and in Dublin last year, the series will be played out over two tests in Australia next year on November 11 and 18, with the winner decided on the aggregate score.

Joe Kernan to manage.

A total waste of time and money. And I like Aussie Rules.

A junket for the bigwigs and the players!

Don’t begrudge the players at all, a chance to represent their country, but I hate the game, and has had some disasterous runs over the years!

I would rather the GAA promote the Railway Cup than this rubbish

Outside of Joe Kernan and the blazers is there anyone who is loking forwqrd to it.

The blazer-makers

There’s a lesson here Al. ^ This is a brilliant post. You did it in 3 words! Maith thú

The journalists who get a three and half week holiday in Australia and champion the Series!

Yes cause I never did a short post before. And you never do waffle. But thanks for the benefit of your great wisdom

Too long… You missed the point!

I like the game and will be looking forward to the series. As long as we play our best against theirs. Great for the players involved and IMO better than the bleedin All Stars.