Good Music / Guilty Pleasure Thread

Bless you.

Quite a concept album. I remember at the time the media and word of mouth were convincing many people it was the Beatles reformed in disguise. I drew the front sleeve in art in school, about the only thing I ever did a decent drawing of. Never got round to the back sleeve.

[quote=“Harrys_Tiles, post:119, topic:286, full:true”]
Like most right thinking people I.lost interest in Oasis after the first two albums so I wouldn’t necessarily class myself as a fan but for my money Liam is the best rock voice of his generation.
[/quote]Welcome back :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Ah great memories there!

I thought this was called the ‘Good’ music thread. Anything after 1975 should be put in the Crap music thread (with some exceptions like REM)

What about this then?

Any Res Dubs like King Crimson? A bit pretentious but great musicians. In the Court of the Crimson King is brilliant as is Starless and Bible Black. They are not on Spotify except for one album. I love them.

Old hippy crap …

Just because they could actually write and play their own music? I’ll leave you to the 3 chord trick merchants.

Three chord trick? Is that a money making scam in Foxrock?

Ha. But seriously who listens to the Sex Pistols or the Ramones these days? Yes, King Crimson and Jethro Tull still packing them out - whether you like them or not they are good musicians and that’s why. I do like XTC as well and Steely Dan too. All excellent musicians, as are Morecheeba. I just hate crap music but of course it’s all opinions! Up the Dubs - we can agree on that anyway!

Was only messing - would have a hugely eclectic taste myself. Anything from Beethoven to Bono to Bananarama to Boney M to Buster Bloodvessel … and more.

And Black Sabbath and Uriah Heep. And don’t forget Van der Greff Generator. Kids these days don’t know what they’re.missing.

Uriah Heep! Jeesus wept, they were terrible. The NME reviewer said she’d eat her hat if they made it. They did and she publicly ate a hat Great times!

Had to look them up , “They did not experience much commercial success in the UK, but became popular in Italy during the 1970s.”

Sounds abit like Spinal Tap :joy:

Did ya like The Beatles?

liking these guys

They had a great set at Glastonbury last year if I recall correctly.