Good Music / Guilty Pleasure Thread

They did indeed. They also used another great track from that era; Age of Chance - Don’t Get Mad, Get Even.

Anyone remember the track BBC used when they had Formula One coverage?

Long time ago … when they had any sport!

The Chain?

Liked the goal of the month on motd when they used the life of Reilly by the lightening seeds

And U2 in opening titles

That wasn’t MOTD that was when ITV had the rights to the highlights for a year or two.

Wow - I’d have lost big money on that!!

We are allowed be wrong now and then!!

I’m regularly wrong!!!

2001 as well - jeeze where’s my life doing. I would’ve said MotD 4/5 years ago max!!!

Eh, not quite Rufus/Dub 09. Calling Occupants was originally and by far better by a Canadian group called Klaatu. Everyone thought they were The Beatles in disguise, at the time. Total prog rock. Great album actually.

Great tune. There’s a live recording of Len and his older backing singers doing that in Norway in the 80s on YouTube, brilliant stuff.

Great Bread album that. Didn’t Jimmy Somerville do a version?

Safety Dance is, Men Without Hats, great tune!

Boy George did?

And for those of you that missed this, he still has it in spades:
Small-town boy

Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes, two of the finest voices that ever existed.

Sweet Dreams by The Eurythmics was another tune used by C4 dyring their NFL coverage in the mid-80’s.[quote=“25AliveOh, post:1048, topic:286, full:true”]

Great tune. There’s a live recording of Len and his older backing singers doing that in Norway in the 80s on YouTube, brilliant stuff.
[/quote]

If you listen hard enough, you will hear Warnes do a lot of backing singing in much of Cohen’s work throughout the years.

If you listen hard enough, you will hear Warnes do a lot of backing singing in much of Cohen’s work throughout the years.
[/quote]

Yeh but… Julie Christensen, :heart_eyes:

Going to throw out a few classical compositions…

Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings:

Tomaso Albioni - Adagio

Morricone was always going to be here for me…

Pietro Mascagni: Cavalleria rusticana - Intermezzo

And the oddball that is Michael O Suilleabhain, “Ah, Sweet Dancer”… (I don’t get the youtube video, though - a tribute to Gloria Gaynor???)

For the week that’s in it…

Love that kinda stuff.