Good Music / Guilty Pleasure Thread

Lots of Irish oriented music programmes on bbc4 tonight for the weekend that’s in it.

Undertones documentary in particular :+1:

Got fergal sharkey s autograph in the virgin megastore back in 1988.

Great show , my perfect cousin remains my favourite song of theirs.

And bi[quote=“Wasonthehill83, post:2076, topic:286, full:true”]

Great show , my perfect cousin remains my favourite song of theirs.
[/quote]

And BIONICS!?! :scream:

On a similar note, it’s a shame The Assembly never continued to record…

Was nt the idea that Vince Clarke would use a different singer on every single ?

Yep, petered out though…
The amount of amazing work Vince Clarke has been involved in and he really gets the credit he deserves imo

Well said one of my heroes brilliant musician. Of course I believe his best work was with andy. Some Erasure tracks are simply brilliant.

Thanks.
Blushing now :wink:

Er… Your welcome! :grin:

Note to oneself… Use that little comma thing.

Budgie were a great band, I had a few of their albums. One track that sticks in my mind is Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Woman.

That was a great song.

Great show on The Showband era presented by Ardal O’Hanlon and a great concert by Christy Moore and Declan Synnott from Glasgow, about 10 years.

Tomás of the O’Dúinns’ show on Newstalk last night was great. Lovely version of School Days Over. And my all-time favourite trad tune, Raggle Taggle Gypsy/Tabhair Dom Do Láimh suite by Planxty. Has Git Moore ever sounded so good? Every single time I hear it when the TDDL part kicks in it’s hairs up on the back of the neck, magical.

Got to see them in The National Stadium around 82/83 I was in 5th or 6th year, really enjoyed it.

And now for something different…

Brilliant!

Great stuff. Is that the same fella often sings in the Confession Box? Is that the CB?